Aaron Senne

Lincoln gopher

Reaction score
I remember Johnny Gopher talking about this kid when he left for Missouri, that he could have been a monster pickup for the Gophers. The Rochester native was just named the Co Big 12 player of the year. He batted .410 with 16 HR and became Misouri's all time hit leader. He moved to 1B this year.

The sad thing is I heard he would have come here but they we're so taken aback by the conditions of Siebert on there visit, that they we're worried about the schools commitment to the program and at the time it looked like coach might be leaving. For those of us who live in the TC and have seen the gradual deteration of the ballpark, it's not much of a shock anymore, but for those who don't get over there much, it's a shock to see how bad it is. Having Senne in the middle of the lineup the past two years would of been huge. Good to see him do well though. How are the Mn boys doing at Neb? Rank?

The sad thing is I heard he would have come here but they we're so taken aback by the conditions of Siebert on there visit, that they we're worried about the schools commitment to the program and at the time it looked like coach might be leaving. For those of us who live in the TC and have seen the gradual deteration of the ballpark, it's not much of a shock anymore, but for those who don't get over there much, it's a shock to see how bad it is. Having Senne in the middle of the lineup the past two years would of been huge. Good to see him do well though. How are the Mn boys doing at Neb? Rank?

Nebraska had another very poor year by their standards. Rank is gone due to injuries. Mike Nesseth, from Windom was supposed to be big for the Huskers this year after turning down the draft. He was terrible early as the closer and then shut it down for the year with an arm injury. He does have another season left, don't know if he will get drafted with the injury or not.

Speaking of almost Gophers, slugger Zac Elgie from North Dakota, who choose Kansas over the Gophers. I tried to look up his stats for this year but the Kansas site didn't have them. He started 28 games as a true freshman last year at first base and hit .305 with 3 HR and 9 RBI. He set all kinds of home run records in North Dakota and I'm sure we could of found room for him but not quite as big a loss as once thought, especially with O'Shea becoming a star.

Top Bottom