2010 Freshman

mapleleaffan5

Reaction score
Which of the incoming Freshman do you think will have the greatest impact next year?

Im guessing Mo Walker will have pretty good production off the bench and will put up some decent stats, but Oto Osenieks might have the best opportunity because of the departures of both Damian Johnson and Paul Carter.

None. I honestly think all are "projects" and will likely see no more than 7-10 minutes each on the floor. I think they'll all contribute down the line and I think Oto, Walker and Hollins could be exciting players at some point.

I am intrigued by the reports on Maverick. It's a long shot but we are due to have a real sleeper help us some day. Why not Maverick? Walker and Oto's contributions probably depend on what happens with Mbakwe and White.

I'll go with Hollins.

Also have a feeling Eliason will contribute more than Walker.

I'll go with Hollins.

Also have a feeling Eliason will contribute more than Walker.

Why is that? It looks like Walker is certainly physically more advanced than Elliason. Skill-wise, I'm not sure. I think EE will be red-shirted to put on some weight and help ease the log-jam at post (at least for one season). I just don't see minutes for EE with Iverson, Sampson and Walker ahead of him.

I would imagine any redshirt decisions would be made once practice starts. Certainly it's possible someone is going to redshirt.

But the assumption that Walker is "ahead of" Eliason would be based on what? Competition in practice is usually what determines who's ahead of who, not on-paper rankings.

If Mbakwe Plays

I think Gophers split 170 minutes among Sampson, Iverson, Mbakwe, Williams, Hoffarber, Joseph, and Nolen.

That leaves 30 minutes for the freshmen - Walker, Eliason, Hollins, Ahanmiski, and Osenieks.

IF Mbakwe is not a Gopher, the freshmen split 50 minutes PT.

Your answer for which player will have the greatest impact next year is none? That's about the lamest possible answer. None would be the answer if none of them play a single minute. The question wasn't asking if any of them would have a large impact, it was asking in comparison to the other players in the class who would contribute the most.

None. I honestly think all are "projects" and will likely see no more than 7-10 minutes each on the floor. I think they'll all contribute down the line and I think Oto, Walker and Hollins could be exciting players at some point.

For the sake of all humanity and in the interest of intergalactic peace, please refrain from listing Royce White or Trevor on anything until all remaining question marks are resolved.

For the sake of all humanity and in the interest of intergalactic peace, please refrain from listing Royce White or Trevor on anything until all remaining question marks are resolved.

Good luck on that request MinneMike.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom