This kid is the real deal. Tubby needs to land him in 2012

Not to sound like a dink, but I think Tubby is going to have a really difficult time pulling Patterson out of Indianapolis. There's probably a fair chance we'll see him in the Big 10 though, as Ohio St. is supposed to be a real good shape with him. Illinois, Purdue and Indiana will likely also be in the mix.

Not to sound like a dink, but I think Tubby is going to have a really difficult time pulling Patterson out of Indianapolis. There's probably a fair chance we'll see him in the Big 10 though, as Ohio St. is supposed to be a real good shape with him. Illinois, Purdue and Indiana will likely also be in the mix.

Well obviosly. Just by watching that video I can see he is special, maybe even a 5 star who knows. Kid had amazing speed and athleticism, going along with a nice stroke and good ballhandling.

It would be awesome to get Patterson, but I think we would be in pretty good shape if we picked up Johnny Woodard too. I would think we would have a much better chance with him and he is very talented as well (I realize he's probably not as talented as Patterson, but still talented nontheless).

I don't see tubby being able to compete with the big boys on the recruiting scene anymore.

Tubby can go after the big boys, 2009 he picks up 2 4 stars, a 5 star, and a 3 star. He can land 2 4 stars next year and maybe some underrated 3 stars. tubby doenst so much recruit 5 stars as he does guys with potential to become 5 stars, they are easier to land and come with less baggage ex: royce.

Tubby can go after the big boys, 2009 he picks up 2 4 stars, a 5 star, and a 3 star. He can land 2 4 stars next year and maybe some underrated 3 stars. tubby doenst so much recruit 5 stars as he does guys with potential to become 5 stars, they are easier to land and come with less baggage ex: royce.

That was all in state talent minus Cobbs, and will MN as a state have a class that good again anytime soon.

GOTR -
Please tell us you are not serious with the Woodard comment...Woodard is not even in the same league as this Patterson kid. Have you seen Woodard play? He will not be a Big 10 caliber player - not even close - he would need to show SOME interest in playing defense instead of just getting 30 shots per game.

GOTR -
Please tell us you are not serious with the Woodard comment...Woodard is not even in the same league as this Patterson kid. Have you seen Woodard play? He will not be a Big 10 caliber player - not even close - he would need to show SOME interest in playing defense instead of just getting 30 shots per game.

Uhhh really? Read what I wrote inside the parentheses and try again. And from what I've heard he has been making defense more of a priority lately.

Be sure to get back to me when you re-read my post though, I'm willing to give you another chance.

My point was that just because we may not land option A, it doesn't mean option B would be a failure. We would likely be in good hands with both, even if one isn't exactly at the same level as the other.

Johnny Woodard is an absolute beast! You are dumb if you think he isn't. He is already WAY better than Dyami Starks and is a WAY better defender, and actually passes a lot more. WAY more athletic than Dyami too.

Patterson is not going to come to Purdue. If someone gave me a grand to put on where he goes to school, I gotta go with O$U. After that I would look at current power(UConn, UNC, Duke, etc) if they offer. I really doubt he ends up in Minnesota, but never say never.

Patterson is not going to come to Purdue. If someone gave me a grand to put on where he goes to school, I gotta go with O$U. After that I would look at current power(UConn, UNC, Duke, etc) if they offer. I really doubt he ends up in Minnesota, but never say never.

Yes - he's likely going to wind up at Top 5-10 level basketball powerhouse school.

Top Bottom