The latest from Myron on Mbawke (5/21)

bigkahunaiii

Surfer Dude
Reaction score
Tweets Myron:

Talked to Tubby after trial. Says he thinks T. Mbakwe will return. Thinks he's frustrated. Smith said he's frustrated with the delays, too.

He may not be overly happy about it, but if he plays D1 college bball next year, it will most likely be with the U. How could he not be frustrated since he claims innocence? I sure hope he sticks it out and is able to play for us next year. He immediately makes us a top rebounding team in the league.

I personally talked to Trevor Mbakwe via face-book message and he told me " Thanks for the nice words. Hopefully I will remain a gopher but we will c how everything plays out with our a.d "

This was a response from 10:41 p.m. last night.

I personally talked to Trevor Mbakwe via face-book message and he told me " Thanks for the nice words. Hopefully I will remain a gopher but we will c how everything plays out with our a.d "

This was a response from 10:41 p.m. last night.

awesome!

GopherFan75, thanks for helping out the old fART. The first thing to go is logical thinking....

Interesting. I think the reason that RW does better dunks than trevor even though trevor has a better verticle is because he has less weight to carry in the air. Either that or hes more coordinated who knows. That or trevor doesn;t try to get cute with it, he just wants to rip the basket off of the backboard. :)

Interesting. I think the reason that RW does better dunks than trevor even though trevor has a better verticle is because he has less weight to carry in the air. Either that or hes more coordinated who knows. That or trevor doesn;t try to get cute with it, he just wants to rip the basket off of the backboard. :)

While Mbakwe's standing vertical was reportedly measured higher, it is possible that Rodney's running vertical is higher. I also think Rodney has more hangtime and coordination while in the air.

So one guy makes us the best rebounding team in the league..i dont think so, he helps a lot but i think Michigan State would still be the best rebounding team in the league

So one guy makes us the best rebounding team in the league..i dont think so, he helps a lot but i think Michigan State would still be the best rebounding team in the league

??? No sir, Mich state rebounders= green, Roe, Nix? i dont think he'll get more than 3 or 4 a game if that, and maybe their freshman payne or guana get 2-3 a game. Sampson = 6 a game last season, so i say 8 this season, Hoff= 3-4 maybe 5 a game, colt= 5-6 a game, 7 next season cause he'll get more time, RW 3-5 a game, nolen= 3-4 a game, DJ= 3 a game, put that with trevor averaging prolly 8-10 a game because of his size and athletic ability, plus 6'9 oto and 6'10 mo walker, we should be able to hold our own.

Who is DJ? Damian Johnson graduated this year bro. and maybe not Michigan State but i dont think Minnesota would be the best team in the Big Ten

Who is DJ?

I'm guessing he is talking about Devoe Joseph.

And, the OP talking about this subject said Trevor would make MN a top rebounding team, not necessarily THE top rebounding team. Trevor would have an impact. MN would be a top rebounding team with him.

For what it's worth, Minnesota had the third best rebounding margin in the Big Ten regular season this year, behind only Michigan State and tOSU.

We were #2 in 2008-09.

Tweet from Myron: "Another delay? Trevor Mbakwe's attorney has not completed depositions for June 7 trial, according to Miami D.A. spokesperson"

Not looking good for Mbakwe

My God, will this saga ever end? Honestly, I no longer care whether he ever plays for the U, just be done with it already. It really makes you wonder whether his lawyer is able to assemble a compelling defense.

I have zero expectation this guy will ever play for the U.

just found a picture of his attorney....

mycousinvinny1.JPG

Blame that on Maturi, too!;)

Of course. If the man wasn't so incompetent, he should feel confident that Trevor is innocent. Just because Trevor's lawyer doesn't seem confident of his case, is no reason for Maturi to feel that way. (I just hope Nolen comes back.)

No matter where we stand on Trevor's case, who's at fault, etc., I think all of us would agree we just want it to be over. Too many "if we have this guy" or "if we have that guy" scenarios that are getting much too tiresome to talk about. Can't wait 'til the day when Gopher basketball returns to talking more about what's happening on the court than off the court. Maybe if we're lucky, all this crap (Mbakwe, Nolen, White, Tubby vs. Jimmy) will be settled once and for all by Midnight Madness and we can discuss more the merits of the players on the roster than the ones who are not.

Of course. If the man wasn't so incompetent, he should feel confident that Trevor is innocent. Just because Trevor's lawyer doesn't seem confident of his case, is no reason for Maturi to feel that way. (I just hope Nolen comes back.)

What? Maturi should be confident that Trevor is innocent even if his attorney is not confident about the case?

I think Tubby et al would be quite ok with Trevor leaving.

Mmm hmmm...So its Maturi's fault that Trevor's lawyer can't do his job. Yep...lots of sense being made here.

Top Bottom