Well, it looks like Trevor is gone for sure after this Facebook Status

sm10389

Reaction score
"I luv the uofm but i can only b suspended so many games for somethin I didn do so I kno there will b ppl out there bashin me 4this decision but I have 2do whats best 4 my family n me"

Perhaps what's best is to dress up as Cobbs and play the point?

If Trevor ends up leaving and actually playing somewhere else this season, I'm sure the Tubby and Joel won't be fishing and golfing anywhere together anytime soon.

Hopefully nothing is final yet. Maybe Maturi will find the "evidence" he needed and allow him to play next season if the case isn't resolved yet.

How is this any worse than what has already been said? If the case goes to trial sometime this summer (which I can't believe it won't) then his fate will be decided before a transfer can even happen. If he's found guilty he plays no where and sits in a jail cell. If he's not guilty then the best thing for him is to stay and play with the guys he's been practicing with for over a year (not to mention not having to go through a NCAA waiver process that may not be successful and force him to use another year of eligibility sitting out). I'm not sure why he would even considering transferring right now when all of this may be a moot point soon. Seems very strange.

maybe not but its odd you left town the next day. What is this 7 schools in 7 years? I guess I don't see this as a big loss as compared to if Royce never comes back.

I don't understand...if he didn't do it, shouldn't he be confident enough that by the time the season rolls around (1.5 years after the alleged act) he can wrap the trial up? His lawyer has been the one pushing back the court date, and the defense is the one having difficulty lining up witnesses.

I usually can't stand dithering Maturi, but I hope he doesn't give in to Trevor here. Trevor was accused of something very serious, and it is Joel's responsibility to ensure that Mbakwe clear the legal process before he represent the University of Minnesota.

It actually really annoys me that Trevor is trying to leverage Joel. Go to trial (enough of this "finding witnesses" business") and end it.

On a related side note, look at how efficient the Chinese court system is! This terrible guy attacked kindergartners on April 29th and was sentenced on May 17th. That's a quick turnaround. Out here in California, it would be 10 years before his trial was over/sentencing was handed down and he received life in prison. Not saying we should adopt Chinese law practices, but now.

maybe not but its odd you left town the next day. What is this 7 schools in 7 years? I guess I don't see this as a big loss as compared to if Royce never comes back.

dysfunction03.jpg

Exactly. Skipping town within 8 hours of the incident - even though he still had classes to complete (still not sure how he pulled this off) sure doesn't look like innocence to me.

Also, his status update gave me a headache. Is it supposed to be cool to write that poorly? I have over 400 friends on my Facebook page and not one of them writes like that on their updates.

Exactly. Skipping town within 8 hours of the incident - even though he still had classes to complete (still not sure how he pulled this off) sure doesn't look like innocence to me.

Also, his status update gave me a headache. Is it supposed to be cool to write that poorly? I have over 400 friends on my Facebook page and not one of them writes like that on their updates.

College education...oh wait. Hmmm.....

I see what you did here...

funny-pictures-cat-thinks-he-is-better-than-you.jpg

College education...oh wait. Hmmm.....

He knows proper English, it's just the way he chose to type. There is no correlation between his education and the way he types his informal Facebook statuses. If you think he writes a college paper like that you're crazy.

He knows proper English, it's just the way he chose to type. There is no correlation between his education and the way he types his informal Facebook statuses. If you think he writes a college paper like that you're crazy.

VERY GOOD POINT.

I agree wholly. Who really gives a sh*t?? He's allowed to do what ever he wants. I don't choose to type like that, but if I did, y wud it matta? (why would it matter?)

I know that. Duh. I just don't get it. It probably takes more time to write that way than it does to do it like a normal human being....

HAHAHAHA. Was that exaggeration about the number of "friends" supposed to make you look cool?

That writing wasn't really hard to understand. That's sad that it actually bothered you that much that you felt the need to say that. It's not too hard to figure out why none of your "friends" write like that.

HAHAHAHA. Was that exaggeration about the number of "friends" supposed to make you look cool?

That writing wasn't really hard to understand. That's sad that it actually bothered you that much that you felt the need to say that. It's not too hard to figure out why none of your "friends" write like that.

400 is nothing. I know people with over 1,000.

Woooow. Is it really that hard to figure out? He wrote it like that because that's the way he talks casually. It would be hard for you to write like that because obviously you don't talk that way. Are you really that ignorant?

I know that. Duh. I just don't get it. It probably takes more time to write that way than it does to do it like a normal human being....

Honestly Art, F uck you.

400 is nothing. I know people with over 1,000.

Wow Art!!! you must know some reallllly cool people!

Hey everyone! Art is a 60 year old creep show who is "friends" with people who are "friends" with over 1000 people! 400 is nothing! I'm Art!!!!

You are an embarrassment.

Art, the reason you have 400+ friends is that you're a creep. No one is your friend. None of your fellow senior citizens update their statuses because you're all too busy trying to figure out how much to tip the waitress at Perkins for coffee.

You are the absolute worst. Besides FOT.

Stop teasing Art, this could lead to emotional scarring and we all know how bad that is as Gopher fans. By the way Art could it be possible you'd move in to one of your friends basements? I want to rent your room out but after 41 years it probley need a good cleaning.

"I luv the uofm but i can only b suspended so many games for somethin I didn do so I kno there will b ppl out there bashin me 4this decision but I have 2do whats best 4 my family n me"

If he goes it will be rather sad to lose him. It's tough to read between the lines of this statement but why am I thinking that all Trevor's doing is shifting blame here?

I doubt he did it, Tubby and Maturi thought he would be exonerated back in November but it still doesn't change the fact that Trevor's beef should be with the Miami D.A.s office, not the U of M. I think it was said before that Trevor's made a litany of, for lack of a better word, stupid decisions.

And please Trevor, spare us the crap about doing what's best for your family. You've had an on again, off again, relationship born out of fathering a child when you were still in High School. Man up and face your responsibilities that have been a result of your actions and your actions alone.

Back on topic:

Where could he transfer? If his goal is to play next season, transferring to another D1 school would not meet this goal. He would have to sit out another year and by the time he got on the court it would be 2011 and he would have 1 season of eligibility left.
So is he going D2 or D3, or is he going to sit out next season in order to avoid Maturi making him sit out next season?

Back on topic:

Where could he transfer? If his goal is to play next season, transferring to another D1 school would not meet this goal. He would have to sit out another year and by the time he got on the court it would be 2011 and he would have 1 season of eligibility left.
So is he going D2 or D3, or is he going to sit out next season in order to avoid Maturi making him sit out next season?

I thought the same thing, and if his trial is still going I doubt the NCAA will give him a waiver to play next season.

Just relax folks. He is frustrated (and if innocent, rightfully so). In the past this would just be spoken to friends but now, with social media, it becomes a bigger thing.

Back on topic:

My GUESS is Memphis. His JuCo teammate plays there. Memphis coaches are great "salesmen" after all.

Getting back to the topic at hand, Sid said in his column today that Tubby fully expects Trevor to remain in the program, if he is not found to be guilty.

Top Bottom