Stand for something

melbo

Reaction score
As I stated in a post early today that was removed from the board by I quess would be one of the monitors,I am a fan of Gopher basketball and Tubby. I happen to be a native of Louisville Ky. In numerous posts by FOT I have been called a " Kentucky Racist". I don,t believe that such slanderous insults have any place on this board or anywhere else. Pointing this out got my post removed completely. I will continue to enjoy watching the Gophers rebuilding progress and will always be a fan, however I can not be a part of a group that will not stand up to a bigot. Best of luck and Go Gophers.

Coming from a man who says nigga a lot, this man says nigga a lot.
-Dave Chappelle

melbo

As I stated in a post early today that was removed from the board by I quess would be one of the monitors,I am a fan of Gopher basketball and Tubby. I happen to be a native of Louisville Ky. In numerous posts by FOT I have been called a " Kentucky Racist". I don,t believe that such slanderous insults have any place on this board or anywhere else. Pointing this out got my post removed completely. I will continue to enjoy watching the Gophers rebuilding progress and will always be a fan, however I can not be a part of a group that will not stand up to a bigot. Best of luck and Go Gophers.

My guess is it was removed because the crux of your thread was calling out an individual poster.

I was sorry to see it removed as I was looking forward to the pie fight.

That poster has been called on his particular use of "the race" card by multiple other posters multiple other times. He does not represent Minnesota, the Universtity, the Gopher Hole, nor is he really a "Friend" of you know who. He does not even live in Minnesota.

I would not let him cause you to leave.

Use the ignore function, problem solved. Lots of people say a lot of things on a message board.

I'm a native of Fort Mitchell KY. I have considerable knowledge and experience with KY-ians.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=17777 such as this one (example).

The other poster (not you) is a member of Dynasty Defenders, many of whom are racists from KY.

I'm a native of Fort Mitchell KY. I have considerable knowledge and experience with KY-ians.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=17777 such as this one (example).

The other poster (not you) is a member of Dynasty Defenders, many of whom are racists from KY.

You know what FOT? I actually like most of your posts and what you contribute here.

That said, you should take EXTREME care when using an incendiary word like "racist." I have no doubt you have been exposed to more racist behavior than many of us. I don't doubt your stories. That said, not every white person from Kentucky is a racist. Not every basketball fan that criticizes a black person is a racist. To use the term so loosely modifies its power. Instead of being a very powerful word that is to be taken quite seriously whenever it is used, it instead becomes cliche and a cop-out. People stop hearing it as an indictment and instead start wondering what the user's deal is. This is beyond a disservice to anyone who has been a victim of racist behavior. Sort of a boy-who-cried-wolf deal.

So please, FOT, take EXTREME caution when using the word "racist."

You know what FOT? I actually like most of your posts and what you contribute here.

That said, you should take EXTREME care when using an incendiary word like "racist." I have no doubt you have been exposed to more racist behavior than many of us. I don't doubt your stories. That said, not every white person from Kentucky is a racist. Not every basketball fan that criticizes a black person is a racist. To use the term so loosely modifies its power. Instead of being a very powerful word that is to be taken quite seriously whenever it is used, it instead becomes cliche and a cop-out. People stop hearing it as an indictment and instead start wondering what the user's deal is. This is beyond a disservice to anyone who has been a victim of racist behavior. Sort of a boy-who-cried-wolf deal.

Of course not.

But I have learned to recognize the Anti-Tubby mantra from KY-ians when I read it or hear it. I've heard it since 1999 at least.

Post of the week - couldn't of said it better myself, GopherJake!

Clipped From The Post Being Debated

Tubby said, "Rajon isnt good enough for the NBA" FALSE - Tubby said just the opposite.

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040406aaa.html

If you ask any former Tubby Smith athlete, i am sure you will hear a common trend that reflect a lack of confidence in his players abilities and talents. FALSE I have heard that he is verbally abusive and flat out disrepectful to the players to the point where the players want to fight coach. FALSE Lets step back and look at this for a second.

- NCAA Tourney run two years in a row.
- Arguably the most talent TEAM in the BIG TEN. LOL BUT FALSE- Minnesota has beaten: Michigan State, Ohio State, Purdue, Wisconsin, and Butler. 5 schools that made it to at least the sweet 16 in 2010.

Sounds like a promising future for Gophers fans. But now...BEFORE THE SUMMER EVEN STARTS, there have already been 4 transfers. FALSE - just 2. Cobbs closer to home and Carter to be nearer to his very ill sister. Mbakwe hasn't transferred. White just quit but has not transferred. NO TIME WASTED BY THE PLAYERS! That means they had there mind set on transferring early in the season to get the ball rolling so soon... FALSE
What does that say about our beloved coach? I wouldn’t be surprised if Paul Carter, Trevor, Royce, and Justin Cobbs all go on to have great seasons next year, thus opening the eyes of everyone to ask...why did all this talent leave Minnesota???? Think people

Why might someone post so many falsehoods about Tubby Smith? Perhaps typos. I don't know.

Top Bottom