The FEAR is practically gone

mchiller

Reaction score
Man, I remember back just two years ago, when the gophers would have a lead of 10 or 15 with 5 minutes to go and I would just have the biggest fear that we were gonna blow it. Well, after just two years with Tubby, that fear is disappearing. Man, that feels good! I still got it with the football team, but the bball team has grown leaps and bounds in the past two years thanks to Tubby!

Kick some Wiscy butt this Thursday boys!

Great post and point. I too feel alot more comfortable with the way Tubby has his teams playing the game of basketball. The fear is still there but it is not of the paranoid variety that I felt in the past.

Good, swarming, in-your-opponents-shorts defense makes it extremely difficult for teams to make significant runs against Tubby's Gophers. They rarely give up open shots on the perimeter and collapse on players down low. The only thing I fear is offensive consistency - which has been a bit better this year compared to last.

A combination of a good bench and kids who never quit. That's a winning combination. I am so thankful Tubby is our coach. And I hope he feels good enough to stay here a while.

Man, I remember back just two years ago, when the gophers would have a lead of 10 or 15 with 5 minutes to go and I would just have the biggest fear that we were gonna blow it. Well, after just two years with Tubby, that fear is disappearing. Man, that feels good! I still got it with the football team, but the bball team has grown leaps and bounds in the past two years thanks to Tubby!

Kick some Wiscy butt this Thursday boys!

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Two years ago, I was sitting in the stands greatful to see that Molinari had finally upped the defensive intensity enough that we wouldn't continue to lose to nothing teams, but having no confidence that we knew how to win tough games. If you'd told me that two years later we'd have Tubby Smith as coach and be ranked 17th, I'd have laughed in your face.

Top Bottom