Joe Coleman #104 in new Rivals rankings

Not bad. Likely a 3, maybe 4-star guy. I like that. No. 104 isn't anything to be ashamed of. I hope the Gophers get him. In fact, I think its a must.

4 spots away from being a 4-star. Very good ranking....not everyone can be a 5-star.

3 Star Recruits

See them (on that list) committed to Villanova, Louisville, Syracuse, Michigan State, Maryland.

Why would bigtime schools like those sign 3 Star recruits???

See them (on that list) committed to Villanova, Louisville, Syracuse, Michigan State, Maryland.

Why would bigtime schools like those sign 3 Star recruits???

Those programs don't ink 3 star recruits as the centerpieces of their classes. There is a difference. I thought you would understand that. Don't ever try to compare those program's recruiting with Minnesota's. It's apples and oranges.
But lets not deter from the point of this post. Good for Coleman. This is good news. I think the Gophers have a GREAT shot at landing him.

What would people think if we didn't land Coleman?

Paul Jesperson also checks in at #132. Bossi has admitted that he would have liked to have seen him more and was intrigued by him. Possible that 132 is too low for him.

Wow, that Mychael Henry skyrocketed up the rankings too to #18. Illinois has quite the 2011 class coming in.

Hey thanks for posting GophersOnTheRise. Two things that jump out at me right away is Coleman being the only MN kid (unless I missed something) and UK having the 1 and 2. I hope the Gophs get Coleman also and this being three years into the program I can't see why they wouldn't be able to.

Those programs don't ink 3 star recruits as the centerpieces of their classes. There is a difference. I thought you would understand that. Don't ever try to compare those program's recruiting with Minnesota's. It's apples and oranges.
But lets not deter from the point of this post. Good for Coleman. This is good news. I think the Gophers have a GREAT shot at landing him.

Neither does Tubby. Sampson and Joseph were 4 Star in 2008. White 5 Star in 2009, Williams 4 Star and Mbakwe was 4 Star (in 2007 HS class).

Most successful programs sign a mixture of 3 Star and 4 Star recruits with some 5 Star guys. Michigan State and Wisconsin are the best examples of that in the Big 10. Purdue also.

And let's be honest, while it would be fantastic to land 3, 5 star recruits each year, it's not a sure formula for success. Ex - See gopher hockey.

Waaaay too early. He'll break 100 for sure.

I agree. He seems like he would be a hard worker, so I bet his shooting and ball handling will gradually get better. The explosiveness is already there. Once he has more time to improve and scouts have more time to see him I'm sure he will break 100. Who knows, maybe he'll even grow a couple inches.

Top Bottom