Wow Calipari can recruit!

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/ So correct me if I'm wrong, reading this, Coach Cal grabbed TWO players that the University of Washington seemed to have wrapped up! Didn't someone post that Calipari said something like, "verbal agreements show me who I'm competing against when I recruit"? Or words close to that? But man, what a class! He just reloads. (P.S. Big Gopher Fan isn't going to like this class since Polson is in the mix)

money-bag.jpg

Lorenzo Romar said that he has never seen a situation where 2 players committed to Washington and then signed with a differerent school, which ended up to be the same school (Kentucky). He went on to call it a "unique circumstance."

cal

It would be even more unique if Cal jumps to the NBA to coach LeBron.

:D

Lorenzo Romar said that he has never seen a situation where 2 players committed to Washington and then signed with a differerent school, which ended up to be the same school (Kentucky). He went on to call it a "unique circumstance."[/QUOTE]

I wonder what Lorenzo really wanted to say?

It's safe to say Romar's statement was, shall we say, carefully worded. Doesn't take much reading between the lines to understand what Romar was inferring. Not necessarily that Cal is a crook, but at minimum a slick shyster.

Indeed

Calipari is THE best recruiter in college basketball today AND the best recruiter at Kentucky EVER.

Calipari is THE best recruiter in college basketball today AND the best recruiter at Kentucky EVER.

I think you mean that Calipari makes Jerry Tarkanian look small time. Cal's ability to run a complete gangster program with impunity is incredibly impressive.

coaching.jpg

Hope he's in prison soon, but dang, he sure does have a system down.

Attachments

• coaching.jpg
    coaching.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 2

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/ So correct me if I'm wrong, reading this, Coach Cal grabbed TWO players that the University of Washington seemed to have wrapped up! Didn't someone post that Calipari said something like, "verbal agreements show me who I'm competing against when I recruit"? Or words close to that? But man, what a class! He just reloads. (P.S. Big Gopher Fan isn't going to like this class since Polson is in the mix)

...and he has the top two guys from 2011 committed.

what ever my point was kids from the south burbs go to madison at a high rate,

I think you mean that Calipari makes Jerry Tarkanian look small time. Cal's ability to run a complete gangster program with impunity is incredibly impressive.

No program cheated more (effectively) than UCLA in 1960's and 1970's.

Why not say that about John Wooden?

And when the men in suits....

from Kansas get to Lexington to stop him, he'll have folded his tent and moved to the next town!

No program cheated more (effectively) than UCLA in 1960's and 1970's.

Why not say that about John Wooden?

You defend Huggins AND Cal, but rip John Wooden? Give me a break, FOT. Calipari is sleaze and everyone knows it.

And now Cal is at a program with the resources and experience to cover up anything that needs to be. The combination of Cal and these factors are proving to be insurmountable thus far.

You defend Huggins AND Cal, but rip John Wooden? Give me a break, FOT. Calipari is sleaze and everyone knows it.

I didn't rip Wooden at all. He cheated MORE EFFECTIVELY than any college coach ever did.

Calipari is the best coach in college basketball, Huggins somewhere in Top 10 or so.

I didn't rip Wooden at all. He cheated MORE EFFECTIVELY than any college coach ever did.

Calipari is the best coach in college basketball, Huggins somewhere in Top 10 or so.

He has never been to the Final Four without cheating.

So he's the best coach?

Did I mention I think you're a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE tool.

FOT, so you think he's the best recruiter in the college ranks AND the best coach also?

Calipari is the best coach in college basketball

I've seen a lot of things attributed to Calipari. Being a good coach is not one of them.

Would he still have been the best recruiter without WWW?

What talent of his own is he using if he's got that pipeline that Wesley gives him for bringing in recruits?

I think it's pretty standard that you can't be considered the "best" coach without having won a title. Put his resume against title winning coaches and then tell who's better.

Quick list of coaches better than Cal:
-Coach K (4 titles)
-Izzo (1 title)
-Roy Williams (2 titles)
-Calhoun (2 titles)
-etc. etc.
-Calipari (0 titles)

He has never been to the Final Four without cheating.

So he's the best coach?

Did I mention I think you're a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE tool.

Marcus Camby "cheated" in 1996 not Caliapri. NCAA exonerated him.

Derrick Rose MAY have "cheated" in 2009 not Calipari. NCAA exonerated him again.

Then again, you would be an expert on Getting To Final 4 By Cheating so I'll grant you that part.

Top Bottom