Marcus says Iowa State trying to get Royce

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per these tweets:

"Doors not closed on Royce White returning, but it still doesn't look good right now. The last I heard Iowa State was trying to get him."

"White would obviously be a great addition, but Gophers don't need him to be really successful next season. Mbakwe is the key."

Go Gophers!!

per these tweets:

"Doors not closed on Royce White returning, but it still doesn't look good right now. The last I heard Iowa State was trying to get him."

"White would obviously be a great addition, but Gophers don't need him to be really successful next season. Mbakwe is the key."

Go Gophers!!

I just don't see that happening...Royce had been very adamant about wanting to be a Gopher, and expressed no interest in other schools. Plus, even if he does have to transfer to play - I don't see him going to Iowa State, I think he has his pick of a lot of bigger bball schools.

That's through no inside info - just don't see it, like I didn't see Tubby going to Oregon - just doesn't make sense.

Yes, they've been pursuing Royce since the day after Hoiberg took the job.

It isn't totally out of the question in some respects. Royce would be THE big fish in a smaller pond. They would stroke his ego and sell their soul for him.

Though I don't see any way Royce can stick it out through the transfer period, stay out of the trouble that is impossible for him to avoid, and be around long enough to actually play college basketball.

Mark this down: Here's the chance of Royce going to Iowa State: zero, zip, nada.

Why? All of Royce's homies are here in the Twin Cities. Royce could not possibly exist in a place called Ames, Iowa. No clubs, no music, etc. etc.

There is a chance of Royce not playing college basketball but there is absolutely no chance of him doing it in Ames, Iowa.

Mark this down: Here's the chance of Royce going to Iowa State: zero, zip, nada.

Why? All of Royce's homies are here in the Twin Cities. Royce could not possibly exist in a place called Ames, Iowa. No clubs, no music, etc. etc.

There is a chance of Royce not playing college basketball but there is absolutely no chance of him doing it in Ames, Iowa.

You don't think Hoibergs position and contacts in the Twin Cities sports community wouldn't have some influence on White. My guess is that there is a good chance he ends up in Iowa City. Throw White in that class and it is better than any of Tubby's classes. That is about a month after he takes the job.

Jordan Railey Power Forward 6-9 225 Beaverton H.S. (OR) PF #30 92 Signed
Eric McKnight Power Forward 6-9 215 Princeton Day Academy (MD) PF #41 91 Signed
Melvin Ejim Small Forward 6-6 205 Brewster Academy (NH) SF #37 90 Signed
Calvin Godfrey Power Forward 6-8 215 Robbinsdale Cooper H.S. (MN) PF #86 87 Signed
2010 Player Commitments - Iowa State - Junior College/Transfers
NAME POS HT WT HOMETOWN SCHOOL STATUS
DeMarcus Phillips Shooting Guard 6-2 195 Milwaukee, WI Marshalltown Community College (IA)

You don't think Hoibergs position and contacts in the Twin Cities sports community wouldn't have some influence on White. My guess is that there is a good chance he ends up in Iowa City. Throw White in that class and it is better than any of Tubby's classes. That is about a month after he takes the job.

Calvin Godfrey Power Forward 6-8 215 Robbinsdale Cooper H.S. (MN) PF #86 87 Signed
DeMarcus Phillips Shooting Guard 6-2 195 Milwaukee, WI Marshalltown Community College (IA)

Please, don't beclown yourself. We are not talking about anyone other than Royce White. These other recruits are not named Royce White.

Not sure if you think there is a good chance White ends up at Iowa (Iowa City) or Iowa State (Ames). Your post seems to be touting Iowa State, but absolutely no Cyclone would confuse the location of their school.

Also, why would you compare Hoiberg's first class with any of Tubby's when three of the players you list for Hoiberg had committed to the previous coach? And the previous coach was also in on Godfrey before he left.

I'm sure Tubby and Maturi are on top of this situation...NOT!

Top Bottom