Anyone have the espn insider?

Go Gophs eh?

Reaction score
I would appreciate it if someone pastes what it says about maverick, osenieks, and hollins. Please and thank you.

Hollins

Evaluation
December, 2009: Tubby Smith has found another under-the-radar guy who has a chance to become a very good Big Ten player for the Gophers. Austin combines terrific bounce and athleticism with great length to prove why Smith scooped him up. Hollins is a catch and shoot guy from 3 who has a nice mid-range pull-up. He does a good job of elevating over defenders to get his jump shot off. When forced to drive by the defender Austin is more than adequate putting the ball on the floor to the rim. He flies to the offensive glass using that length to keep balls alive. On the defensive end of the floor he can crowd shooters with his length while havinggood feet to keep guys in front of him. You can tell he has a nice feel for the game and a high basketball IQ. He needs to add strength and weight to his slight frame which will happen over time. This guy has a very high ceiling for improvement over the next four years, and should help the Gophers continue their rise in the Big Ten.

October, 2009: Rarely has a player used the summer schedule to elevate himself into the national spotlight like Mr. Hollins. He is a very intelligent player who understands the nuances of the game and uses them to his advantage on the court. The son of a coach and former NBA player, Hollins showed his strong shooting from the outside and his ability to create some space with one or two dribbles and convert the mid-range. He made most of his buckets in transition finishing at the rim or sliding out to spot up and receive the pass from his guard's penetration. His length allowed him to get off his shot inside despite his lack of strength. It remains the one area where he will need to become very diligent to play valuable minutes in the rugged Big Ten. The sky is the limit for this wonderful young man.

September, 2009: Hollins really elevated his game over the summer evaluation period. He steadily improved from the spring through the end of the summer when high-major programs really took notice. He helped himself immensely, particularly in July. He has great bloodlines and a high basketball I.Q., which you'd expect from the son of a former NBA player turned head coach. Austin is a long two guard with some versatility to his game who can score spotting up, from penetration kick outs and with a one or two dribble pull up jumper. He's really good at reading his point guard's penetration and finding an open spot on the floor to knock down his shot. Austin also does well spotting up in transition. If there's an area he needs to work on it's his dribble drive to the rim. He's a good but not great athlete so he really needs to use his long arms to get around guys in the paint and finish. He also needs to add some muscle to his frame and get stronger. Austin should continue to improve under Tubby Smith.

Notes
Travel Team: Nashville Celtics...Father is Memphis Grizzlies head coach Lionel Hollins...

Oto Osenieks

Evaluation
April, 2010: Oto has improved a lot in his time at Brehm Prep. He's become a much more consistent shooter and can knock down college 3's. Add this shooting ability to his 6-foot-8 frame and you can see why some high major programs were on him late in the game and why he signed with Minnesota. He'll be a good pick 'n pop player for the Gophers and he has nice upsided. He needs to add strength to his frame as he should see his time at the 4 postion and will need to be stronger in order to bang down low. Overall, an excellent combination of size and skill.

November, 2009: Osenieks, a native of Latvia, is a slender face-up big man with the shooting range to extend the defense. He is extremely effective in pick-and-pop situations, trailing the break or spotting up beyond the arc to knock down jumpers. Although he possesses solid ball skills and makes good decisions, he's not an exceptional athlete. However, he runs the floor well and is a willing rebounder.

Maverick Ahanmisi

Evaluation
July, 2009: Ahanmisi plays a very active brand of basketball, remaining in constant motion, which serves to wear out the opposition. He always plays hard and never takes a play off. On the defensive end, he does a good job of playing passing lanes for steals. On offense, he shoots a set shot and will connect from 3-point range, but he needs more consistency. He does not have great bounce, but he covers a ton of ground when he puts the ball on the floor and tries to get to the rim.

Notes
Travel Team: Branch West...Originally signed with Boise State's 2009 class but did not qualify...

Nice, thanks salukigopher. I like that bit about Ahanmisi, "when he puts the ball on the floor and TRIES to get to the rim." haha my god i wish we would have banked that scholly for next year. Coleman, Jesperson, Moats, Travis would have been a deadly class.

Nice, thanks salukigopher. I like that bit about Ahanmisi, "when he puts the ball on the floor and TRIES to get to the rim." haha my god i wish we would have banked that scholly for next year. Coleman, Jesperson, Moats, Travis would have been a deadly class.

You took those words out of context. ESPN was saying he is very fast (covers a ton of ground) when he goes to the hoop but he has PRIMARILY been SG in HS and Prep.

So does that mean Maverick shoots without jumping??

I always thought a set shot was both feet set on the ground. Someone please tell me the terminology has changed and Mav has some sort of jumpshot.

from now on we should also copy and paste rivals insider stories

I do have to say something. But to me i think we should not allow stuffs from ESPN Insiders or Rivals or scout for that matter.

Would you want this site to get into trouble. i have seen sites get into trouble for posting premium stuffs from espn or rivals.

again i not trying to you know what. but i think we should be on the side of safety here.

agreed

I do have to say something. But to me i think we should not allow stuffs from ESPN Insiders or Rivals or scout for that matter.

Would you want this site to get into trouble. i have seen sites get into trouble for posting premium stuffs from espn or rivals.

again i not trying to you know what. but i think we should be on the side of safety here.

I agree.

I believe it is legal to quote some small bits of this "premium" material but to cut and paste the whole darn thing is NOT something we should be doing.

Slightly OT, but if anyone is interested in obtaining insider the best (read:cheapest) way to do it is to get an ESPN magazine subscription which will give you access to insider. They're less than $5/year with coupon code 6173 at http://www.tanga.com/products/espn-magazine-subscription--3. The price seems to be fluctuating a bit, it was $3 per year a few days ago and when I checked now it's $4.50.

Slightly OT, but if anyone is interested in obtaining insider the best (read:cheapest) way to do it is to get an ESPN magazine subscription which will give you access to insider. They're less than $5/year with coupon code 6173 at http://www.tanga.com/products/espn-magazine-subscription--3. The price seems to be fluctuating a bit, it was $3 per year a few days ago and when I checked now it's $4.50.

Thanks CS, the code worked great. Andy Katz had an article on Jon Leuer, I don't think it's been posted, although it is about ten days old. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=5170985

Not that I'm against people C+Ping premium content (I think the concept of premium content on a website is stupid) but I'll put in a plug for ESPN Magazine...I get ESPN Insider with my subscription, I think it's a pretty good deal.

Not that I'm against people C+Ping premium content (I think the concept of premium content on a website is stupid) but I'll put in a plug for ESPN Magazine...I get ESPN Insider with my subscription, I think it's a pretty good deal.

why get either anymore, simmons stuff is free and he doesn't write for the mag anymore.

Top Bottom