Ohio State's Lighty refractures foot, needs surgery

"Tough break for lighty. At least it wasn't during the season."

My thoughts exactly. It's always better when these happen in the offseason. It sucks for the kid, but if the rehab stays on track he'll be ready for the start of his senior season.

Maybe OSUfan can chime in here but if hypothetically Lighty isn't able to play this season, does he have a redshirt year left-medical or otherwise?

Lighty already sat out a year, so he would have to be granted a sixth year of eligibility. Could he be the next Jess Settles or Evan Eschmeyer?

Well, I suppose he could get a 6th year but it is very unlikely that this injury would keep him from playing next year. Supposed to be a 12-week recovery, so he should be good to go by mid-August. But one thing that is bothersome is he had the same injury 18 months ago, so hopefully it doesn't keep happening to him.

I dont think you fellas remember the cockiness and unsportsmanlike conduct OSU showed to us this year. Lead by Turney, Lighty and Simmons that team was full of thugs. Again Good!

Should be good to go by season. Rehab is 3 month process. Here's to a speedy and full recovery. (We need a full complement of Buckeyes when we defeat them next season.)

And perhaps you missed it at Williams Arena when Lawrence was lipping off after the Gophers' victory? As soon as I saw Lawrence jawing I knew that was bad news for the rematch in Columbus and, as it turns out, the massacre that occurred in Indianapolis. Let a sleeping dog lie is one of my mottos.

Top Bottom