Nebraska getting new arena, practice facility

The Huskers can't even fill seats at the Devaney Center, which seats around 13,000. But the new arena is definitely needed.

You're right. The team could play at Tashmahal and they would still suck. What's worse, Iowa State or Nebraska?

Nebraska basketball is a joke

Nebraska had a bit of success in the '90s, but the in-state talent is seriously lacking. Brand new facilities should help attract players from out of state.

The arena itself isn't being built because Nebraska needs more seats. Ever since Omaha opened the Qwest Center (Creighton's home arena), Lincoln hasn't been able to land any large concerts or events. So that is the main focus of the project.

I have a lot of memories from the Devaney Center, but it is neither nice nor historic so it should be easily replaced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG4CcuSdUw0

Maybe they will make it a requirement that to buy football tickets you must attend at least 5 basketball games/year in the new arena.

The Huskers are getting a new 16,000 seat arena and practice facility scheduled to be open by 2013.

I say we start an official Tubby to Nebraska thread because they have new facilities. Maybe Souhan, Doogie, Marcus, or Myron, can throw in a few tweets.

Great, soon we can have the worst practice facilities in the Big Ten and the Big Twelve. Next the world.

You're right. The team could play at Tashmahal and they would still suck. What's worse, Iowa State or Nebraska?

Iowa State has been pretty bad lately, but we have still owned Nebraska. We were still 26th nationally in attendance last year (Gophers were 23rd) and we just opened a brand new practice facility last fall. Leave ISU out of this discussion! ;)

Nebraska had a bit of success in the '90s, but the in-state talent is seriously lacking. Brand new facilities should help attract players from out of state.

The arena itself isn't being built because Nebraska needs more seats. Ever since Omaha opened the Qwest Center (Creighton's home arena), Lincoln hasn't been able to land any large concerts or events. So that is the main focus of the project.

I have a lot of memories from the Devaney Center, but it is neither nice nor historic so it should be easily replaced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG4CcuSdUw0

Nate is dead on with the reasoning behind the new arena. I also have some decent memories of the Bob, but they don't include alot of basketball memories. Some good concerts in the old days. Certainly have gone to alot of basketball games there in my 27 years of living in Lincoln, the funny thing is I have rarely paid for tickets because the Huskers are usually not good. After all they are one of the few BCS teams that have never won a NCAA tournament game.

Top Bottom