And now Andy Katz's Top 25

Is Hummel going to be 100% right from the get go? I wouldn't think so. Same with Lucas. Is Sullinger going to be dominant? Is Illinois going to "come together" this year?

Is Hummel going to be 100% right from the get go? I wouldn't think so. Same with Lucas. Is Sullinger going to be dominant? Is Illinois going to "come together" this year?

Hummel rehab timetable is reportedly 4-6 months, and by all accounts at worst he is on time. Besides Purdue doesn't need a 100% until about Jan 1st.

Personally I'm not that worried about facing "Sister Agnus's Southeastern State College for the Deaf and Blind" with only a 95% Robbie Hummel.

Way too high for both UNC and Kentucky.

The former has exactly 2 players on the roster that play the 4 or 5 positions and both have major problems in the post. Sure, they have 2 really, really good recruits coming into the fold in Barnes and Bullock but neither play the point, which is the other big problem. Drew, Marshall, or Strickland can't run 'Ol Roy's offense effectively. Drew and Strickland are turnover machines while Marshall is more of a methodical PG, not well suited for an up tempo game that UNC plays. UNC smells and looks like a 9 seed at best.

The latter is obvious. Depth and experience is a major concern while Knight/Kanter <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Wall/Cousins

Boy, I don't know Pewter. Harrison Barnes is a special player, and he could/should wind up being an All-American this year - he's that good. A lineup of Drew-Bullock-Barnes-Henson-Zeller with their hodgepodge of backup guards could be pretty good (like a #5 seed) as long as they avoid injuries (which was a big problem last year).

I don't know about Kentucky at this point because of Kanter - not that he isn't a great player, he is, but there were reports that he was paid under the table and he still has to pass the amateurism branch of the clearinghouse even though he has been ruled academically eligible. Calipari doesn't seem to think the amateurism issue will be a problem - I guess Derrick Rose's ACT score got taken care of, so who's to say Cal won't get this problem taken care of somehow as well. Right now Kanter is critical to UK's season next year - maybe Cal will bolt for the NBA if he finds he's not going to be eligible.

Top Bottom