Myron hearing Iowa interested in Royce?

parkinglotgopher

Gentleman and Scholar
Reaction score
Per Myron (via Twitter about 15 minutes ago)

I'm hearing that Iowa's expressed interest in Royce White and that White has had multiple meetings with Tubby Smith about possible return.

I'm not saying he hasn't heard that, but it's my understanding Royce would have to pay his own way if he transferred to Iowa (unless that's just a football rule). I'm not trying to get everyone worked up - though I'm sure the mention of the word "Iowa" will do that - I'm just curious as to what the motivation would be for the move or if this is more of Myron being Myron.

That's not just a football rule. He would have to pay his way (unless this would be different since he never actually played :confused:)

It doesn't matter that he never played, he was enrolled here on scholarship.

Royce will have to sit out next year no matter where he transfers too unless it's D2, and there is no way he goes to another Big ten school and pays his own way. The only way I could see Royce willing to sit out a year was if it was in LA or Chicago or Miami where he could continue his music aspirations during that off year and thats not going to happen in Lawrence or Lexington and especially not Iowa City.

I believe Myron or Myron's source is confusing Iowa with Iowa State.

haha, Royce going to Iowa. That's like saying a 5star recruit was going to play D3 basketball. He is probably laughing at Iowa's coach in the back of his head. Royce will play here, or nowhere.

I am excited that he is talking to Tubby though. Thats deffinetly not a bad thing.

For Royce to ever suit up at Iowa, he would have to pay for TWO YEARS of school.

1) Next year's sit out year - Royce would foot the bill
2) Then, he'd pay for 2011-12 when he'd finally get to play

ZERO chance of that happening.

Now, Iowa State makes sense. Fred Hoiberg is coach there, he clearly would know about Royce. Royce is tight with former Timberwolves player Troy Hudson, who certainly would know Hoiberg. ISU could pay for Royce's school.

Iowa??? Thanks for the humor, it's been a long day. I can't see him going anywhere except for the U or overseas. He is not going to go to school for a year without playing ball - he proved that last year. I sure hope he and Tubby talking means it's the U and not overseas.

What are the chances of Royce comitting. I don't mean to Iowa, I mean to playing basketball.

Royce

This topic is getting very old. We need to move on.

This topic is getting very old. We need to move on.

I don't know. It's entertaining in sort of a perverse way. It's the basketball equivalent of "Oops-wrong forum." Only if you put all the Royce threads together, it would be way longer but about as pointless.

For Royce to ever suit up at Iowa, he would have to pay for TWO YEARS of school.

1) Next year's sit out year - Royce would foot the bill
2) Then, he'd pay for 2011-12 when he'd finally get to play

ZERO chance of that happening.

Now, Iowa State makes sense. Fred Hoiberg is coach there, he clearly would know about Royce. Royce is tight with former Timberwolves player Troy Hudson, who certainly would know Hoiberg. ISU could pay for Royce's school.

Bingo.

"Iowa's expressed interest in Royce White." is like me saying "I've epressed interest in Brooklyn Decker". I doubt the interest is mutual.

Top Bottom