Congrats Minny and Minny Fans...

mhenry41h

Reaction score
From a PSU guy, I tip my hat and move on from that one. Shooting over 60% from the floor and 100% from 3 will earn you a win every time you play! I was waiting for the numbers to average out and PSU to come back. 99% of the time, when a team shoots as hot a the Gophers did in the first half, the numbers average out and that team goes cold for a while. When they dont, that team just played lights out and their opponent has ZERO chance of winning. Thus I tip my hat to you and yours and look forward to the return game in Happy Valley. Great game guys!

Thanks, mhenry. I was amazed when I looked at the scoreboard stats and saw our shooting percentage. Its true - I think the same when watching a game where a team is shooting lights out - "They can't do this all day" It makes up for some pretty cold shooting against Iowa, but I sure hope it carries over to this Thurs in Wisconsin!

From a PSU guy, I tip my hat and move on from that one. Shooting over 60% from the floor and 100% from 3 will earn you a win every time you play! I was waiting for the numbers to average out and PSU to come back. 99% of the time, when a team shoots as hot a the Gophers did in the first half, the numbers average out and that team goes cold for a while. When they dont, that team just played lights out and their opponent has ZERO chance of winning. Thus I tip my hat to you and yours and look forward to the return game in Happy Valley. Great game guys!

Thanks for the classy post and nice words. But i disagree a little. If in the second half our shooting percentage (from the field) was only half of what it actually was--and that would be cold indeed--we'd still have won (barely.) I think it was our defense that won the game, and our shooting percentage that made it a blowout.

Thanks! It was a great win for the Gopher team. Like your coach said, it is hard to know who to game plan for because we have different people stepping up all the time (paraphrasing). I am not sure the game yesterday helped him find that out. Best of luck the rest of the way, except on February 14h of course.

Top Bottom