Michael Jordan's trainer: Royce White is a future first-round pick

Hopefully after a 2-3 year career at the U. However, those chances are diminishing by the day.......

I don't get how this kid can get so much hype. He has yet to play a minute for a college basketball team. There is no doubt in mind he is talented, but he only has his HS career to show for it. I would love for him to fix things and play 2-3 years for the Gophers, but we are a ways from that now.

Please! There are several present day NBA stars who didn't play a tick of college ball.

But the issue has never been about Royce's raw talent and his future potential. It has and remains the issue about his interests and where his passion is leading him.

Tim Grover has a great background for honing and assessing talent. Sure, he has lived off of the MJ legacy, and Wade. But he has worked out dozens of potential NBA draftees each year for decades. He also has ran summer programs for dozens of established NBA players (besides MJ and Wade).

Grover seems as mystified as Tubby and most Gopher fans about where Royce's mind is right now. Consequently, Myron's article doesn't really break much new ground.

Things like this make the whole situation more and more depressing. I wish basketball was his number one priority and he got it together and rejoined the team. This entertainment stuff can wait untill after his basketball career is over and he's actually (potentially) established himself as a national celebrity.

OK? who cares? hes not a gopher. if he becomes one then we can all talk

LOL

LOL at the best quote in the story from Tim Grover.

"He added: "They were undecided on what they were going to do. He didn’t know what to do."''

So, who the heck is "They"? Is it Mr. Whites many personalities or is it his posse? "They" have not been very good at collective decisions to date!

Is he playing ball anywhere? Is he working out? I have not heard anything to that effect. That is a very unique path to the NBA.

:confused:

It's at least good to hear that Royce has played basketball in the last few months. I wasn't convinced he cared enough to even step in a gym.

Will we know about Royce,for sure, by sometime next week? "The late signing period ends next week."

This article sort of answers my question of if Royce has even played basketball since leaving the Gophers. It is good to know that he's been focused enough on basketball to have a meeting with Grover. I still think it's strange that there have been no reports of GopherHolers playing with Royce in any pick up games since he left school.

My question is this: What is the downside of bringing Royce back now? We clearly don't have another option for that scholarship in 2010 and have already brought in several long shots and projects, so why not bring the kid with undeniable talent back? The worst that can happen is Royce runs in to an issue and leaves school again, which just leaves us in the same place we are in now.

That's a good point. The counter argument (that I don't agree with) would be that it would send the wrong message about the program and he would take up a spot for a potential non-headcase the next year. I'd rather bring him back and tell him he has 0 strikes left.

This article sort of answers my question of if Royce has even played basketball since leaving the Gophers. It is good to know that he's been focused enough on basketball to have a meeting with Grover. I still think it's strange that there have been no reports of GopherHolers playing with Royce in any pick up games since he left school.

My question is this: What is the downside of bringing Royce back now? We clearly don't have another option for that scholarship in 2010 and have already brought in several long shots and projects, so why not bring the kid with undeniable talent back? The worst that can happen is Royce runs in to an issue and leaves school again, which just leaves us in the same place we are in now.

This kid needs to realize that there are no guarantees in the music/entertainment business, its a hard business to be sucessful in. Of course the nba is even harder for someone to achieve but he has the physical gifts to possibly make it to the nba and make a whole lot of money. Make the right choice Royce, lose the losers, go to summer school and suit up for Minnesota and show everybody what you got.

Has anyone ever heard the phrase, "Million dollar talent, 2-cent brain"?

Royce

Lose the posse Royce. They are just hanger-ons anyway and get on with your life and whats best for you not them.

Top Bottom