Elliott Eliason looking forward to challenge of D1, excited for opportunity

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this long article on him, where he was named Star-Herald’s Boys Basketball Player of the Year a few days ago:

“I know I’ll have a steep learning curve next year, and I think that’s probably true for most players going on to play at that level,” Eliason said. “I’m happy with where I’m at right now, but I know I’ll need to get a lot better. It’s a lot quicker game [in Division I]; it’s hard to understand just how much quicker it is and how much stronger the people are. You have to do everything so much faster—you have to be quicker with your moves, and you have to be stronger doing it. So, there’s going to be a lot of mental and strength things that I’ll have to do to be at that level to play up there. It’s not necessarily just skill level; if you can’t do it quick enough or strong enough at that level, it’s not going to happen no matter how skilled you are. But I’m looking forward to the challenge. It’s exciting to have this opportunity.”

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2010/05/11/sports/doc4be63fbf75bb8801735905.txt

Go Gophers!!

Hopefully he's not a "I'm-just-happy-to-be-here" type player. That being said, it sounds like he understands that he needs to improve and wants to do so. Good luck to Elliott. I'm looking forward to watching him develop year after year.

I am hoping....

that EE, Austin, Oto, Maurice and Maverick will all be here for the Pulley summer league!! Then the opinions will really fly on this board.

Maybe this comparison has already been made, but I see EE being much like Jeff Hagen - except with a higher ceiling. Hagen was definitely effective, but he pretty much took his lack of overall talent/athleticism as far as it could go.

That beard is twice anything Spencer Tollackson could grow, in fact if maybe the best Gopher beard of all time. Now where are all those Tubby can't recruit folks.

Top Bottom