Oto is pretty athletic..

Looks like he's wearing a MN practice uni in this video. Is that #33?

His approach on his 2nd dunk (off the glass) doesn't exactly spell "athletic" to me. I'd hope at 6-9 he can dunk.

Not bad, nothing special, but good to know he has some hops to get around. Probably bodes well for his defensive abilities if he's got a little pop in his legs.

Not going by this video alone, he is a very good athlete. Those who are expecting Abu and Blake like traits better buckle up.

I think he's wearing RWjr.'s practice J. lol

Oh and ESPN.com recruiting moved him from a 73 grade to an 87 grade. so not as much of a project anymore.

Oto is a steal guaranteed.. I know there were reclassification issues and what not but how does a 6'9'' SF that can stroke it from long range and has developing athletic ability go unranked... I for one am most excited about Oto in this class

Ditto, Auggie...I'm most interested in seeing him play of all the incoming players although it will be fun watching Walker in the paint with his huge frame, too.

Here's what an 87 means:

87-89: Mid-major plus prospect
Player could contribute for three or four years at a high-major program or have a significant impact as a freshman at a mid-major program.

I'll take a 4-year contributor.

I had my doubts about Oto when we signed him, but after seeing that video I feel much better about the situation. He moves very well for his size and looks to be unafraid of taking the ball to the hole. Don't get me wrong he had no defenders I realize this, but he moved with quickness and confidence. My hope is that he can develop a 15 foot jumper, it has been too long since we have had a consistant mid-range shooter. The fact that most project him to redshirt this year, I'll be excited to see his development in the coming years. Keep in mind he is only 18 years old, he has the ability to improve a great deal over the next few years. All and all, I'm comfortable having him on my deep bench!

LOL @ Eye of the gopher. 15 foot jumper? you must have not seen Oto's brehm prep video on youtube. He has range out to 22 feet, shooting is his game.

I had my doubts about Oto when we signed him, but after seeing that video I feel much better about the situation. He moves very well for his size and looks to be unafraid of taking the ball to the hole. Don't get me wrong he had no defenders I realize this, but he moved with quickness and confidence. My hope is that he can develop a 15 foot jumper, it has been too long since we have had a consistant mid-range shooter. The fact that most project him to redshirt this year, I'll be excited to see his development in the coming years. Keep in mind he is only 18 years old, he has the ability to improve a great deal over the next few years. All and all, I'm comfortable having him on my deep bench!

That's some of the worst analysis I've ever seen.

a. practicing slam dunks = unfraid to take the ball to the hole? LOL
b. as the poster mentioned above, he can stroke it from outside
c. he's 20 years old = you fail

His approach on his 2nd dunk (off the glass) doesn't exactly spell "athletic" to me. I'd hope at 6-9 he can dunk.

Assuming your at least 5'-9" I would like to see the magic you can do on a 9' hoop (i.e. if you are 6'-0" tall you can use a 9'-3" rim). Please post your video.

Take it easy my God, let me break this down for you in to what I was really thinking.

He moves very well for his size and looks to be unafraid of taking the ball to the hole: Translation In other words he appears to have above average athleticism with good body control and doesn't look like a total dumbass attacking the hoop

My hope is that he can develop a 15 foot jumper, it has been too long since we have had a consistant mid-range shooter: I have seen his other videos of him shooting outside, I realize he can shoot from deep, but I don't care what you say, the majority of his shots are not going to be from 3 point range! Translation All that I'm saying is I want to feel confidence from someone shooting a mid range jump shot, because we have not had a consistantly good shooter from that range in years!!!

Keep in mind he is only 18 years old, he has the ability to improve a great deal over the next few years: So I had his age incorrect, holy *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#...sue me, but that's besides the fact. TranslationThe fact of the matter is that he is young and has his best years ahead of him, with the ability to improve a great deal in the near future.

From now on I'll make sure to read my posts back to make sure they provide the perfect argument with the perfect statistical analysis, rather than from bathroom on my iPhone looking out the window

Assuming your at least 5'-9" I would like to see the magic you can do on a 9' hoop (i.e. if you are 6'-0" tall you can use a 9'-3" rim). Please post your video.

Yeah! And if your 1'9'' dunk on a 5' hoop!

Wait...

I am 6' tall and we used to play 3 on 3 outdoors with an 8' hoop attached to a tree which I guess means I was the equivalent of an 8' tall player. And by golly I could stuff it. However I don't think I looked all that good doing it.:clap:

Hell, I'm 6' tall and I would destroy a 9'3" rim. Like a poster said above, I would hope a guy that is 6'9" could do this. I didn't see anything in that video that showed above average athleticism for a 6'9" basketball player. I haven't seen him play, however, so I can't comment on that.

Considering that I'm 6'2" and can dunk on a 10' hoop, I think I'd be able to do alright on a 9'5" rim. However, my "basketball career" ended in March 2003 with no hopes of obtaining a Division 1 scholarship, especially from the Big Ten.

My point was that a Big Ten basketball player that is 6'9" should be able to dunk. Do you disagree?

I put the same amount of stock in YouTube videos as I do in Howard Pulley League. Doesn't really tell you much, if anything, about whether they'll be a productive Big Ten player.

Top Bottom