Wake
Maryland
Ga. Tech
Miami
Clemson
B.C.
Virginia

Take out Miami. I think we've played Clemson a lot. I'd choose,

Maryland, Wake, B.C. probably in that order. Other chance would be Ga. Tech. I would guess we'll get B.C. since that is the one I'd choose the least.

Now it's likely Clemson, Georgia Tech or Virignia

Bummer. I was really hoping for NC State. That probably leaves us with Clemson, Georgia Tech or Virginia, who all played at home last year for the ACC. Please let it be Clemson. Tigers still should be pretty decent despite losing stud Trevor Booker to graduation. I wouldn't mind getting BC if the Eagles are forced to play on the road for the 2nd straight year. BC has a lot coming back and should be much improved, plus we've never played them in the Challenge.

If we get Virginia, I'm going to puke. We've played them & FSU three times apiece. Give us some variety, please.

Hahah, BC is exactly what I was thinking while reading your post. I really wouldn't be surprised. I would be so pissed if we got Virginia.

Well, so that leaves:

Wake
Maryland
Ga. Tech
Miami
Clemson
B.C.
Virginia

Take out Miami. I think we've played Clemson a lot. I'd choose,

Maryland, Wake, B.C. probably in that order. Other chance would be Ga. Tech. I would guess we'll get B.C. since that is the one I'd choose the least.

Bummer. I was really hoping for NC State. That probably leaves us with Clemson, Georgia Tech or Virginia, who all played at home last year for the ACC. Please let it be Clemson. Tigers still should be pretty decent despite losing stud Trevor Booker to graduation. I wouldn't mind getting BC if the Eagles are forced to play on the road for the 2nd straight year. BC has a lot coming back and should be much improved, plus we've never played them in the Challenge.

If we get Virginia, I'm going to puke. We've played them & FSU three times apiece. Give us some variety, please.

Why no love for Georgia Tech? NCAA tourney team with a good group of young talent. I'd be okay with the Yellow Jackets coming to the Barn. Bigger name brand than Clemson, IMO.

Tech would be fine. It's more a preference for Clemson because I think they'll be better than Tech next season. Main thing is. ... anyone but Virginia.

We've played FSU and Virginia 3 times each. FSU is busy, so anyone else but Virginia would be nice.

There isn't a Purdue fan in the world that's happy about playing Va Tech in the BT-ACC Challenge. It really isn't a good road trip. Frankly it sucks, and Purdue's OOC is going to suck

Hahah, BC is exactly what I was thinking while reading your post. I really wouldn't be surprised. I would be so pissed if we got Virginia.

Not only did we just play them 2 years ago, but that's the last ACC team we had at home. I can't see them doing it again. Also, it certainly won't help our non-conference SOS. Tony Bennett has a nice recruiting class coming in, but he lost transfers Sylvan Landesburg, Trystan Spurlock and Jeff Jones off a team that wasn't good to begin with. I expect UVa to be pretty awful this year, especially early.

Why am I not surprised?

We got the absolute worst possible matchup we could get. Of the 12 teams in the ACC (including Miami, who's not participating this season), Virginia is the last team I would have chosen to play. Of the 7 Big Ten teams that figure to be vying for a NCAA bid (Illinois, MSU, Gophers, Northwestern, OSU, Purdue, Wisconsin), we far & away got the worst opponent.

This is one year where I'll say the Gophers clearly got the shaft. I can accept Northwestern getting a (on paper) better opponent (Georgia Tech) than us, but why do Michigan (Clemson), Penn State (Maryland) and even Iowa (Wake Forest) get better (certainly more cache) opponents than we do?

For the record, with these pairings I see a 6-5 win for the Big Ten, with the wins coming from Illinois, the Gophers, Northwestern, Ohio State, Purdue and Wisconsin.

So, SS, did you puke as you said you would?

Yes, I just excused myself from work a few minutes ago to visit the nearest stall.

Sweeeeet. Sadly it will be one of our more hyped up OOC games. It makes so much sense that Northwestern, Michigan, Penn St, and IOWA should get better opponents than us. I realize that part of it has to do with whether or not teams played on the road or home last year, but wow.

Not only did we just play them 2 years ago, but that's the last ACC team we had at home. I can't see them doing it again. Also, it certainly won't help our non-conference SOS. Tony Bennett has a nice recruiting class coming in, but he lost transfers Sylvan Landesburg, Trystan Spurlock and Jeff Jones off a team that wasn't good to begin with. I expect UVa to be pretty awful this year, especially early.

Top Bottom