Fan Chants

MN Gopher Fan

Executive Sports Analyst
Reaction score
I remember a lot of you criticizing the student section for chants that involved foul language and saying it was immature kids ruining the experience for everyone else. Watching the Cleveland-Boston series, a few times now the Boston fans have had "Bull****" chants. Now these are adults at games so what's your input on this.

They should clean it up with the "bull shirt" lol

We use push it instead in HS games.

We used bullsh*t before at hs games, but extending our arms so it sounds like push it.

I should point out that bullshi#t is an entirely acceptable chant because it connects us to Minnesota's rich agricultural heritage.

Moreover it's organic!

ahem we have a bulls jersey that we are pointing at...were saying bulls shirt..duh

I remember a lot of you criticizing the student section for chants that involved foul language and saying it was immature kids ruining the experience for everyone else. Watching the Cleveland-Boston series, a few times now the Boston fans have had "Bull****" chants. Now these are adults at games so what's your input on this.

Believe me, this is nothing new ... the students in the 70's yelled the same chant and now those students are over 50. They must have "conveniently" forgot. :D

A view from an active member of the student body,

Our chants as very mild compared to other schools. I can understand why a parent would be upset with the student body introducing their child to foul language but hopefully you raised them right not to use it until they understand the meaning of each word and the responsibility that comes with screaming them at the opposing team/ coaches. We have been contacted by Maturi, Tubby, and Lucia on this issue...we may take more than a couple liberties while enjoying our pre game activities sometimes which causes profanity to be yelled in frustration.

Let the college kids enjoy their game day experience before they are in the siting only section.

Go Gophs

Given we have three foreign scholarship players, can we assume there will be no "USA" chant this year against NU?

Top Bottom