I am totally disgusted by these players and coaches

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
How dare they. Why should I attend another single game when the players and coaches refuse to even try. This is a total embarrassment for my school and my state. Shame on every Gopher on the field. Hope this does not help.

absolutly

don't come to another game. Your not needed.

don't come to another game. Your not needed.

So who is needed? You? What are you going to do? Sit there and keep nodding with your arms crossed over your beer belly? This effort is not acceptable to me and it should not be acceptable to anyone. I do not care about losing, I care about not trying and not doing one's job.

Where do we go from here? Sounds like status quo is OK by you. Talk about "not needed." Give me a break.

Pete? How much $$$ did you donate towards the new stadium? Are yo a season ticket holder? So..Pete...How much work did you put in college towards school and the demands of a collegiate athlete? Idiot..You're the embarassment to our state

Pete? How much $$$ did you donate towards the new stadium? Are yo a season ticket holder? So..Pete...How much work did you put in college towards school and the demands of a collegiate athlete? Idiot..You're the embarassment to our state

I can barely read your poor grammar, but the answers I believe are: $100, yes, and I worked at a bar 20 hrs/week. Hope this helps.

It's always insightful to see how someone handles disappointment in life. Pete believes that the coaches and players didn't care -- yet this team came onto the field seemingly fired up and energized. Perhaps the answer is that the coaching staff hadn't done enough with the talent they were provided ... or the talent provided just wasn't enough to beat Iowa.

The accusation of "not refusing to try" rings hollow. And while I was stunned at how we managed to shoot ourselves in the foot -- time after time as with the bad snaps, the missed open receiver, the back-to-back penalties, our own man running into the intended punt receiver -- "not refusing to try" never came to mind as an explanation.

Finally, while I'm really disappointed and frustrated in the game yesterday, I'm still proud to be a Minnesotan (our state is far more than a collegiate football team) and to be affiliated with the U of M. I checked and the sun came up this morning (albeit hidden behind clouds) and the coffee still tasted pretty darn good.

It's always insightful to see how someone handles disappointment in life. Pete believes that the coaches and players didn't care -- yet this team came onto the field seemingly fired up and energized. Perhaps the answer is that the coaching staff hadn't done enough with the talent they were provided ... or the talent provided just wasn't enough to beat Iowa.

The accusation of "not refusing to try" rings hollow. And while I was stunned at how we managed to shoot ourselves in the foot -- time after time as with the bad snaps, the missed open receiver, the back-to-back penalties, our own man running into the intended punt receiver -- "not refusing to try" never came to mind as an explanation.

Finally, while I'm really disappointed and frustrated in the game yesterday, I'm still proud to be a Minnesotan (our state is far more than a collegiate football team) and to be affiliated with the U of M. I checked and the sun came up this morning (albeit hidden behind clouds) and the coffee still tasted pretty darn good.

A good post and I hear what you're saying Snowman. But from my point of view, I refuse to believe these players are either so stupid that they cannot execute Pop Warner fundamentals or so poorly skilled that they cannot play at any level. The mistakes you describe here, and the countless others, show players who either are too dumb to breathe or cannot play the game at all. That cannot be the case given our other successes and what I know to be an intelligent, talented group. The only explanation is that these players and coaches did not even try to win that game.

I appreciate Brewster taking responsibility for this, as he should have. But the players cannot be let off the hook. They knew what their job was and where they were supposed to be on the field. They, almost to a man, totally disregarded these things yesterday and this is beyond unacceptable.

The good news is that this kind of hubris and carelessness can be overcome- stupidity and lack of talent cannot. Again, I do not mind losing. It's not trying your best that drives me insane.

I appreciate Brewster taking responsibility for this, as he should have. But the players cannot be let off the hook. They knew what their job was and where they were supposed to be on the field. They, almost to a man, totally disregarded these things yesterday and this is beyond unacceptable.

I disagree with almost everything you said in this thread, but this last line is so true. Brew did the right thing to the public and put the loss on his shoulders but behind closed doors he has to be upset with the team.

While I am not going to say the Gophers did not try, because obviously they all worked very hard. You cannot fumble the opening offensive play of the game, throw a pick right before half, tackle the PR before he catches the ball, muff a punt, etc. That isn't a lack of effort as it is just being a dumb football player. Coaching has nothing to do with not catching a shotgun snap (although under center would be nice every once in a while), coaching has nothing to do with throwing interceptions, coaching has nothing to do with dumb special teams plays.

We're making this bigger than it is. Our line isn't very good. Iowa exploited that weakness very well. Our D tired out. The TOP diff was like a whole quarter. It still comes down to the OL just like all the other games. Improve there, the team takes a leap.

Not to mention lack of depth

How many true freshman saw action this year? How many guys were playing hurt last night because of lack of effective backup?

If you total up the years played on our OL for the starters it's nine, just under an average of a sophmore. Compared to Iowa which is 15, which averages out at a Junior. but more specifically to Iowa's DL which starts two seniors.

I can barely read your poor grammar, but the answers I believe are: $100, yes, and I worked at a bar 20 hrs/week. Hope this helps.

Barely read my poor grammar? If you cannot read that post..then the answer is quite simple..You have poor reading comprehension skills. $100? oooh la dee dah.. :rolleyes:

Who didnt work in a bar 20 hours a week. If you think that compares, then you're living in a fantasy world.

I think the solution to our problem is we need more Minnesota athletes. As a state that produces the most "band wagon jumpers" per capita, this surely must translate into usable football skills:)

Have some patience people. The loss hurts and isn't what any Gopher Fan wants to see. However, to deny the progress the team has made is short sighted. Coach Brew has a vision that does not include mediocrity. More athletes and time to learn will pay dividends for us long suffering fans.

Hang in there!

Everyone in the state donated money towards the new stadium as it was funded in part with state funds.

If you total up the years played on our OL for the starters it's nine, just under an average of a sophmore. Compared to Iowa which is 15, which averages out at a Junior. but more specifically to Iowa's DL which starts two seniors.

And two Sophmores

Gave and Donate

Are not the same thing. In this case the minor per capital input from an individual tax payer is compulsory giving the very opposit of donating voluntarially.

Everyone in the state donated money towards the new stadium as it was funded in part with state funds.

To lose 55-0 was completely unacceptable. I have to wonder about the posters who are not completely outraged by that "performance". What exactly would it take for you to say the team didn't show up?

The team we lost to on Saturday struggled with Purdue a week ago at home, and they went 55-0 on our team. This game and the Michigan game are very troubling signs for anyone who considers themselves a Gopher fan. The team simply didn't play in either game. It's one thing to give away games with mistakes (Wisconsin, Northwestern) and it's entirely another to give them away by simply not showing up.

The only glimmer of hope is the recruiting efforts. The excuses are started to get old....we're young, we're worn down, we're injured....

Well, who's fault is that? Condition the players more/better. Every other team has injury issues. How many times did this team face a back-up or 3rd string QB??? The QB has been in the program for 3 years. Decker can only do so much. Where are all of these 4* WR's??

This program is right back to 1/1/2007. A medicore team going to a meaningless bowl game. Next year's schedule is MUCH more difficult so unless M. Gray is the next T. Pryor or T. Tebow, I wouldn't expect too many victories.

Beer belly?

I do cross my arms and I do nod a lot. Being there is a structure called a campus stadium being built, an increased football budget, and the highest quality recruiting seen here in decades, only a derandged person would think this is status quo. As far as the beer belly, it is actually not a beer belly, but rather storage for my unusually large package. I need to coil it up.

I am afraid once opposing teams recognized the weaknesses of the OL, especially from the NW and Ill. games, it provided a template for the rest. the sad part was that the Gophers were not able to adjust, whether due to the young OL or whatever. Other teams have young players who progress and deal with the adversities in order to compete and win. This time the Gophers have not. Maybe Brew will be able to find someone to step up the OL production.

Why the obsession with the loss

The regular season is over, there is one more game, and I will never ever have to go into the Metrodome again. The Twins don't count but they are another visitor in the big tent.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green is the only 4 star wr we signed....and he plays and does a good job. Why do you keep asking where the 4 star wrs are?

Top Bottom