BTN Telecast today

cncmin

Reaction score
Anyone else think that the Big Ten Network telecast today was well done? IMO, announced excitedly and intelligently; it was in HD; and I thought was a great broadcast overall, especially in comparison with a couple of the ESPN duds we've seen this year.

Just bringing this up because a lot of people have been pretty critical of the BTN on this board.

Since we have been ranked, we have often been getting the BTN's "A" team. I think Gus Johnson would normally be the "A" guy but he had a CBS game today. Otherwise, Wayne Larrivee and Trent Tucker are about the best the BTN has got. It's nice to be ranked.

I give the BTN props for showing all BT games in HD. Yesterday, the announcers were fine. Double T sometimes speaks so softly it's hard to hear his comments.. His mic should be turned up a bit. A number of different camera angles were used yesterday which gave the viewer a better look at Williams Arena and a feel for the place. Grade .. B+

I give it a "C". Only because my HD tv broke and I had to watch it on a damn 26'' regular television, haha. Otherwise, great telecast. Much better than Gottlieb or whatever the dorks name is on ESPN2.

Since we have been ranked, we have often been getting the BTN's "A" team. I think Gus Johnson would normally be the "A" guy but he had a CBS game today. Otherwise, Wayne Larrivee and Trent Tucker are about the best the BTN has got. It's nice to be ranked.

I also think Shon Morris is outstanding. He is as good as the BTN has. Steve Smith has been a good addition, too. My favorite teams are Gus Johnson/Steve Smith (BTN's A-1 team) and Wayne Larivee/Shon Morris (BTN's A-2 team). Trent falls next in line with the rest of the guys.

Agree

I'd add Greg Kelser to the list. He's in the same boat with Morris, though they have completely different styles. Solid pros behind the mike.

On the other hand, Tom Hamilton annoys me as a play-by-play guy. Too loud & melodramatic for my blood.

Top Bottom