Purdue's JuJuan Johnson leaning towards staying in the Draft

Reaction score
Big mistake is you ask me. He may go undrafted.

My source is the same person that said Hummel was out for the year last year with his back so I won't believe it until we hear for sure by Saturday.

This sucks for Purdue. If he were to stay and help lead them to the Final 4 next year, his stock would improved significantly. He got manhandled by Thabeet last year in the tournament and look where Thabeet is now.

His family is not very well off and he's said publicly that he wants to take care of his mother even if it means playing overseas for a $100,000. He has not hired an agent and completed all of his classes and finals so who knows.....

He got manhandled by Sampson and Iverson and look where they are now.

Big mistake is you ask me. He may go undrafted.

My source is the same person that said Hummel was out for the year last year with his back so I won't believe it until we hear for sure by Saturday.

This sucks for Purdue. If he were to stay and help lead them to the Final 4 next year, his stock would improved significantly. He got manhandled by Thabeet last year in the tournament and look where Thabeet is now.

His family is not very well off and he's said publicly that he wants to take care of his mother even if it means playing overseas for a $100,000. He has not hired an agent and completed all of his classes and finals so who knows.....

Hard to find fault with the young man. I hope all goes well if that's what he decides.

Eh, I don't really see how he would improve his stock by coming back.

Second round pick, no guaranteed contract. He is long and somewhat athletic so he could make it. That will hurt Purdue next year no doubt about it.

If he lasts unti the 2nd....

I would not mind seeing the Wolves grab him. He can hit a face up jumper and guard big men with his length. We have 3 second round picks.

Losing either Johnson or Moore hurts Purdue big-time, obviously, but if they were only going to lose one of the two, I'd choose losing Johnson. At least with Moore and Hummel, they have a stud in the frontcourt and a stud in the backcourt. Boilers' guard picture would be pretty nondescript without Moore's production, savvy and experience. With Moore & Hummel, at least there's still a nice base for a good (though not great), top-half Big Ten team.

Johnson needs to stay. Another year in West Lafayetter to work on his game and get stronger.

But is just me or are NBA just terrible these are the same people who look at Robbie Hummel and Gordan Hayward, basically the same player 6-8, 6-9 SF, can shoot, post up, have a decent handle, you can go down the line. Maybe the best difference is age Hummel is a year older, yet Hayward is projected as a late lotto pick and Hummel is a second rounded-pre ACL tear. It's just crazy how inconsistant they are.

Is it certain that Moore returns? Those that have a good pulse, care to put a percentage to his chances of returning?

I would not mind seeing the Wolves grab him. He can hit a face up jumper and guard big men with his length. We have 3 second round picks.

I thought the Wolves have 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders?

Regardless, no NBA team will draft 5 players expected to play next season. More than likely, the Wolves will draft 1 or more foreigners and let them develop overseas (particularlly with their 2nd round picks) or they will trade 1 or more picks to move up or acquire a veteran.

Is it certain that Moore returns? Those that have a good pulse, care to put a percentage to his chances of returning?

99.9% Moore comes back. Moore has never given any indication he isn't coming back. In fact he might have said he is coming back already.

I think Johnson has a legit shot of being drafted. I'd stay in the draft. He had a good year...he shouldn't make the mistake Aldrich did...

Well, somebody or something got in JJ's ear in the past 48 hours and he's now coming back. Apparently he was as good as gone earlier this week.

Johnson needs to stay. Another year in West Lafayetter to work on his game and get stronger.

But is just me or are NBA just terrible these are the same people who look at Robbie Hummel and Gordan Hayward, basically the same player 6-8, 6-9 SF, can shoot, post up, have a decent handle, you can go down the line. Maybe the best difference is age Hummel is a year older, yet Hayward is projected as a late lotto pick and Hummel is a second rounded-pre ACL tear. It's just crazy how inconsistant they are.

IMO - Hummel's history of health issues and Hayward's ability to be crafty inside are the difference.

On another note: If JJ & Moore return, and Ill has their two studs back - they will both be tough wins once again. Just enough inside to be a threat and plenty outside to beat anyone.

Top Bottom