Sparty Chris Allen Transfer?

That is certainly strange. But as a Purdue fan I'm not complaining. Anything that gives Purdue a better chance at a sweep of both B10 titles and a NC, I'm all for.

Losing Allen would hurt Sparty, no doubt, but they have depth to die for, including some incoming studs. He & Summers are kind of similar anyways. It would just mean Summers & Lucious take on added responsibilities, which I'm sure they'd be able to handle. PG/SG/SF is a position of sick strength for Sparty, assuming Lucas gets back to full strength by December or January.

Reading between the lines of Izzo's quotes, it's pretty obvious Allen must not be taking care of his responsibilities off the court.

Bad local journalism
got the wrong player

...and good luck with that boiler

Izzo

My favorite is the Izzo quote.

"What I’m trying to do is make sure that the program, that everybody in the program, is trying to get done what I think needs to get done. And sometimes, not everybody fits that profile. That’s not necessarily bad on them, it might be bad on me. It’s not necessarily bad on me, it might be bad on them. Or it might be it’s just not the right fit.”

:D

OK, well who is the player? Korie Lucious?

The off the court issues was apparently having sex with one of his teammate's girlfriend, I'd be surprised if he was at MSU next year.

The Nova thing was true.

Pretty sure it was actually false. I heard the real story was one of the Nova guards gf was pregnant, the ball player wanted an abortion while the girl wanted to keep it then sought advice from another one of the Nova guards causing the locker room to split.

Pretty sure it was actually false. I heard the real story was one of the Nova guards was pregnant, the ball player wanted an abortion while the girl wanted to keep it then sought advice from another one of the Nova guards causing the locker room to split.

dude think about it, does that make any sense? The original story was true, it was Nova trying to do damage control with that bs story.

It does make sense but who cares, no one really knows what happened besides players, coaches and people close to the situation.

He was a Gopher killer, no surprise we finally beat them when he was suspended. Seemed to always come up with the lose balls and nail threes against us.

The off the court issues was apparently having sex with one of his teammate's girlfriend, I'd be surprised if he was at MSU next year.

That (allegedly, reportedly) happened at UK in 2005-06. Neither player was at UK the following year.

Pretty sure it was actually false. I heard the real story was one of the Nova guards was pregnant, the ball player wanted an abortion while the girl wanted to keep it then sought advice from another one of the Nova guards causing the locker room to split.

One of the Nova guards was pregnant?! No wonder they sucked so much in the tourny.

Bad local journalism
got the wrong player

...and good luck with that boiler

Rumors were flyin at that time, I thought I chose my source/side wisely
looks like I bet on the wrong horse

my bad

Why would that affect his basketball status? What exactly is the NCAA violation? Izzo should be the one investigated in that program!

Allen did not sleep with a teammates girl. That rumor was floated around and has been dismissed by people close to the team. The most logical issue is that Chris liked to smoke weed, and a lot of it. Also Izzo had issues with Chris being defiant. He doesn't mind kids that give it back to him (Green, Walton) but those guys worked and earned Izzo's respect by backing up their talk. Allen from day one didn't like having to come off screens, didn't like not getting play time because he didn't care about defense, those issues bloomed into a really defiant attitude towards coach. Not the Walton/Green type attitude just defiant.

Allen did not sleep with a teammates girl. That rumor was floated around and has been dismissed by people close to the team. The most logical issue is that Chris liked to smoke weed, and a lot of it. Also Izzo had issues with Chris being defiant. He doesn't mind kids that give it back to him (Green, Walton) but those guys worked and earned Izzo's respect by backing up their talk. Allen from day one didn't like having to come off screens, didn't like not getting play time because he didn't care about defense, those issues bloomed into a really defiant attitude towards coach. Not the Walton/Green type attitude just defiant.

I can't believe that statement until I hear it from David Kahn.

It looks like Fred Hoiberg is trying to create a safe-haven for BT talent being run off by former NCAA title winning coaches:

"Source told FOXSports.com Mich. State transfer Chris Allen is taking a visit to Iowa State today. Source said UTEP, St. John's also in mix."

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom