Wear twins transferring from UNC

They were going to see significant minutes next year with the departure of Ed Davis and Deon Thompson.

Without the Wear Twins, UNC is left with only 2 post players: Tyler Zeller and John Henson, both of which are not good rebounders.

This will force Harrison Barnes to play the 4 much more than the 3. They have nobody else to play the position when either Zeller or Henson are on the bench. He can't be too happy with this situation right now because he has stated he wanted to play the 2 in college more than the 3.

Teams with any size whatsoever will destroy UNC on the glass next year and if Zeller or Henson get into foul trouble, look out.

This is their roster now. Tell me where you see a glaring weakness:

Larry Drew III - PG - 6'1"
Will Graves - SG - 6'5"
Leslie McDonald - SG - 6'4"
Kendall Marshall - PG - 6'2"
Dexter Strickland - PG/SG - 6'3"
Reggie Bullock - SG - 6'5"
Justin Watts - SG - 6'4"
Harrison Barnes - SF - 6'7"
John Henson - C - 6'10" (200 lbs)
Tyler Zeller - C - 6'11" (220 lbs)

Lots of shooting guards and overrated point guards. They have exactly 3 players who's natural position is the 3, 4, or 5.

St. Roy

I for one look forward to St. Roy ejecting more "negative" fans from the stands this year!

I hope they match this years tied for ninth finish in the ACC!

:D

Word of caution though: Almost exactly this time last year, Elliot Williams left Duke for Memphis, leaving the former with only 2 players in the backcourt: Scheyer and Smith.

It ended up working out well for Duke. They did end up bringing in Andre Dawkins a year early and Singler can obviously play on the perimeter but many (including this poster) saw a potential doom and gloom scenario.

There is one big difference though: Guards can play 40 minutes if needed (especially Scheyer who, and I'm not joking, was tested to have SpO2 levels similar to Lance Armstrong) while it's almost impossible for a big to do so. They tire out more easily and bigs are also much more likely to get into foul trouble.

Word of caution though: Almost exactly this time last year, Elliot Williams left Duke for Memphis, leaving the former with only 2 players in the backcourt: Scheyer and Smith.

It ended up working out well for Duke. They did end up bringing in Andre Dawkins a year early and Singler can obviously play on the perimeter but many (including this poster) saw a potential doom and gloom scenario.

There is one big difference though: Guards can play 40 minutes if needed (especially Scheyer who, and I'm not joking, was tested to have SpO2 levels similar to Lance Armstrong) while it's almost impossible for a big to do so. They tire out more easily and bigs are also much more likely to get into foul trouble.

Yeah, and also Duke was 30-7 and made the Sweet 16 the previous season, meanwhile, UNC was 20-16 and was in the NIT. This is probably not a good way to try to turn that around.

Roy Williams might come off as a pompous jerk, but he's actually a great guy ... at least that's what his autobiography said.

Word is that UNC has contacted Kevin Noreen recently to take one of the Wear's scholarships presumably. I found it kind of suprising. Thoughts?

Top Bottom