Cole Konrad's 3rd MMA fight televised May 6

EG#9

Reaction score
Just a heads up, Cole Konrad is fighting in the Bellator Fighting Championship which is televised on FoxSportsNet. It is usually preempted due to baseball, etc, but should be on tape delay at some point Thursday night.

Cole won his fight, but didn't look very impressive. He got a take down in round 1 and preceded to dominate the rest of the round on the mat nearly forcing a ref stoppage. Round 2 was more even due to Cole fatiguing badly, and Cole became surprisingly unable to land takedowns. Round 3 both fighters was more of the same from round 2 with both fighters fatigued and Cole doing more than his opponent of the feet, but not able to land the takedowns.

Cole has a decent jab, especially for only his 3rd pro fight, but does not put punches together whatsoever. I thought he'd be a dominant wrestler, but he wasn't in this fight and I also have some concerns about his ability to take a punch. The guy he was fighting had only one pro fight, so Cole was actually the more experienced fighter yet still was unable to finish the fight. The biggest surprise in my mind was Cole being unable to hold his conditioning longer than a single round. He was not the same fighter after round one and at one point even put his hands on his knees in the middle of the ring...a clear sign of exhaustion. I think Cole could become a good fighter, but he certainly didn't burst on the scene like Brock Lesnar.

Top Bottom