Carter to UIC

GophersOnTheRise

Reaction score
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but for those that are interested, it looks like PC is headed to UIC.

Here are two tweets from Myron on Tuesday:

"Paul Carter chooses University of Illinois-Chicago. UIC requesting an emergency transfer waiver from the NCAA, father says."

"Surgery for Paul Carter's sister postponed. Family moving forward with more chemo Thursday. Will make decision about surgery in late May."

Go Gophers!!

bleed

"Paul Carter chooses University of Illinois-Chicago. UIC requesting an emergency transfer waiver from the NCAA, father says."

"Surgery for Paul Carter's sister postponed. Family moving forward with more chemo Thursday. Will make decision about surgery in late May."

Go Gophers!!

Thanks Bleed.

:)

Go Gophers!!

Did I read somewhere (likely GH) that Carter graduated (or will graduate) from the U?

If he did graduate he should be able to transfer to another school to pursue his graduate studies according to NCAA rules --- like Travis Busch did when he graduated and went to CSU the next year and played without sitting out. It seems to me PC would not need an emergency transfer waiver IF he graduated and could enroll and play at UIC next year.

Did I read somewhere (likely GH) that Carter graduated (or will graduate) from the U?

If he did graduate he should be able to transfer to another school to pursue his graduate studies according to NCAA rules --- like Travis Busch did when he graduated and went to CSU the next year and played without sitting out. It seems to me PC would not need an emergency transfer waiver IF he graduated and could enroll and play at UIC next year.
Tubby said in a clinic that Carter finished his degree in the fall and has been working on his masters.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but for those that are interested, it looks like PC is headed to UIC.

I don't know where his sister is being treated but UIC is adjacent to Rush Presbyterian hospital, one of the finest in the city. I can look out my 39th floor office window at UIC campus and Rush.

If he did graduate he should be able to transfer to another school to pursue his graduate studies according to NCAA rules --- like Travis Busch did when he graduated and went to CSU the next year and played without sitting out.

Busch needed a waiver, too.

From the linked article:

"Busch, a 2009 academic all-Big Ten selection who played two seasons for the Golden Gophers, graduated this spring with a degree in communications and has one year of eligibility remaining. He was granted a waiver by the NCAA and will be eligible immediately, while pursuing a master’s degree in business at Colorado State and playing out his final season of eligibility with the Rams. "

gotr

Sorry, I wasn't sure if there were any available sources to link you to yet, otherwise I would have.

No problem. I figured someone would pipe in.
Thank you.

PS. I just love that Austin Powers line, "someone throw me a bone..."

:)

Best of luck to Paul; I'm glad he landed some place close to home that will allow him to continue to play and be with his sister. Tough situation for everyone involved, as I'm sure the coaching staff was looking forward to his development and play next year.

Top Bottom