Calvin Godfrey

Gopher10

Reaction score
Forward Calvin Godfrey will follow Fred Hoiberg from the Twin Cities to Ames, Iowa. Godfrey, a 6-foot-8 power forward who averaged 18.8 point per game this season, signed a Letter of Intent to play at Iowa State.

Godfrey got the initial offer from McDermott and said he would commit then, so not sure it's him 'following' Hoiberg. Regardless, hope it works out well down there for both The Mayor and Calvin.

----------------------

“Calvin was very firm with his decision to attend Iowa State all along, but he still wanted to wait and see who was going to be the new coach,” said David Johnson, Godfrey’s coach at Cooper High School in Robbinsdale, Minn. ”I knew he was solid with Iowa State, because when we heard the news about coach McDermott, Calvin told me he’s not going to Iowa State to play for a certain coach, he’s going to Iowa State because it’s Iowa State.

”I knew he was solid with Iowa State, because when we heard the news about coach McDermott, Calvin told me he’s not going to Iowa State to play for a certain coach, he’s going to Iowa State because it’s Iowa State"

No, he's going to Iowa State because they we're the only school recruititng him and the only school who actually thinks they can get him into school and eligible.

”I knew he was solid with Iowa State, because when we heard the news about coach McDermott, Calvin told me he’s not going to Iowa State to play for a certain coach, he’s going to Iowa State because it’s Iowa State"

No, he's going to Iowa State because they we're the only school recruititng him and the only school who actually thinks they can get him into school and eligible.

It doesnt exactly take much to get into ISU, if he cant get in there then he would have to go JUCO

Based on what I've heard...I'll give someone money if Godfrey qualifies.

Godfrey getting some run for the Cyclones...

Unofficially..

Game 1: 13 mins, 5 points, 4 boards, block
Game 2: 21 mins, 4 pts, 4 boards, steal, block

Top Bottom