Welcome to Ames, Mr. Mayor

BOOZER TO TRANSFER

AMES, Iowa – Charles Boozer, a senior-to-be from Raleigh, N.C., has decided to forgo his final season at Iowa State to seek treatment, Iowa State head coach Fred Hoiberg confirmed today.

“I want to apologize for my actions that put Iowa State University in a negative light,” Boozer said. “I have decided that the best course action right now is to finish my semester and then seek treatment. Coach Hoiberg and I had a long talk last night and he agrees it would be in my best interest to seek my release from Iowa State and take care of some of the problems I have been dealing with. I want to thank Iowa State and the Ames Community for all the great support the last the three seasons. No matter what, I will always be a Cyclone.”

“After visiting with Charles last night, I feel that his decision to leave the program is in the best interest for both parties,” Hoiberg, who was hired last week, said. “Charles had a terrible lapse in judgment and I sincerely hope that he learns from his mistake and can land on his feet.”

Boozer, a 6-foot-3 guard from Raleigh, N.C., played in 54 career games. He saw action in 16 games last year before an ACL injury against Texas ended his season. Boozer scored a career-best 19 points in 25 minutes of a 73-71 victory over North Dakota State. His knee injury against the Longhorns occurred in the next game.

Top Bottom