The Week That Will Be

ncgo4

Reaction score
The two games on the road this upcoming week will really tell us a story about just how far this young team has come and/or has to go. A week from now we will either be licking our wounds with a dose of reality or the over stated optimism will be off the chart completely. Wisconsin and Northwestern are both winnable games and each is a losable game.

Go Gophers!

A 1-1 split would not be the end of the world, but an 0-2 trip could start a bit of a tumble...

And a 2-0 trip would be awesome. Why not? Whiskey first.

I'd be happy with a 1-1 road trip...the Gophers canNOT play like they did against Iowa and expect to beat either of these teams, though. They better be ready to go this time.

I would love a 1-1 if that meant we won at Wisconsin. Getting a W out of madison is pretty huge accomplishment.

I would love a 1-1 if that meant we won at Wisconsin. Getting a W out of madison is pretty huge accomplishment.
I agree a win at Madison would be a great accomplishment. But if we go 1-1 with a win vs the Badgers, that means we lose to NU.

Ugh.

(NU is one venue where I don't think there's much of a home-court advantage -- well, maybe PSU's "home advantage" is as negligible. But a loss there after a win at Madison would take the gloss off the road trip for me.)

The Wisconsin game is what I'm considering to be the first real true road game of the year. Yeah, I know, it's not of course. But a seriously hostile, sold out crowd versus an empty arena in Iowa, will really give the guys that true road experience they haven't had yet in the Big 10.

Top Bottom