UW wins appeal in Brust case

probably dumb question, but does this mean any big ten can go after him, or just Becky?

From what I understand it means that he is free to sign with any Big 10 team.

That's crap! You just know the kid is going to wind up in Madison after all the other schools in the Big Ten who had interest backed off.

If he ends up with Badgers, no complaints here. Give Badger Bo credit for not backing off when other Big Ten schools did. UW clearly thought this was a ruling that could/would be overturned. Certainly it appears they went to the wall for him, which I'm sure the kid appreciates.

If he ends up with Badgers, no complaints here. Give Badger Bo credit for not backing off when other Big Ten schools did. UW clearly thought this was a ruling that could/would be overturned. Certainly it appears they went to the wall for him, which I'm sure the kid appreciates.

My thoughts exactly. If I were a recruit (ha) the fact that a team would be willing to do this for me knowing that anbody could come after me if they won the ruling would weigh heavily on my mind.

My thoughts exactly. If I were a recruit (ha) the fact that a team would be willing to do this for me knowing that anbody could come after me if they won the ruling would weigh heavily on my mind.

It would also make it that much sweeter if Tubby Smith would somehow manage to re-schedule his visit with Brust, and steal him away from the Badgers. Man, would that ever be fun. :D

It would also make it that much sweeter if Tubby Smith would somehow manage to re-schedule his visit with Brust, and steal him away from the Badgers. Man, would that ever be fun. :D

Yeah. Either way, this is the best situation for the player which is what is most important. Smart ruling by the B10 here.

Brust's AAU coach, Joy of the Game's Mike Weinstein, said Northwestern, Wisconsin, Iowa, Boston College, Southern California and Oregon are the six finalists.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...20100430_1_northwestern-waiver-boston-college

Go Gophers!!

Both of UW's beat writers (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and Wisconsin State Journal) have dropped not so subtle hints that they expect Brust to be a Badger. Based on all the effort with the Big 10 appeal process, I will be surprised if Ben does not end up in Madison or Evanston. UW could really use him next season, as they are short on guards. Going forward, he and fellow 2010 guard Josh Gasser could be a really solid backcourt combination for UW.

Here is a Brust article from yesterday's State Journal:

http://host.madison.com/sports/coll...cle_0379c6cc-546f-11df-98e2-001cc4c002e0.html

I have no knowledge of this situation but I'd like to point out that when UW "went to the wall" for Brust they were most certainly acting in their own interest. Brust likely owes them nothing more than a thank you and has every right to move forward in his own best interest. This assumes Brust made no prior promises to UW that encouraged them to go to the wall.

When someone ingratiates themselves to another without being asked, there is no good reason why that other should feel obligated give up any control of their life because of it.

". ... that when UW 'went to the wall' for Brust they were most certainly acting in their own interest."

I understand UW did this only for their own gain, but they did it nonetheless. Here's hoping Brust doesn't end up with the Badgers, or Northwestern or Iowa for that matter.

Unless they know that Cobbs is leaving, I'd still prefer they keep that last scholarship available for Royce. If it doesn't workout, then they have it available for next year and they can grab Coleman, Tyler and a big guy....

Top Bottom