Cole Stefan?

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
Any word on where he might sign? I know he visited Gonzaga and Auburn has serious interest. He's ranked as 90!!!! on ESPN, which is usually reserved 3/4 star guys, but he's a 2/3 star recruit. Apparently SoCal offered him too. He's blown way past both signing periods. I hope he doesn't turn into the basketball version of Fritz Rock. ;)

I'm just making a guess here, but typically, good players who have gone this far without signing anywhere might have some sort of academic qualification issues, or character flaws. Like I say, I have no idea whether that's the case with Cole, but it'd be my educated guess.

Perhaps he's hoping for a better offer and thinks a team may be on the verge of offering him? I have no idea though.

No academic issues. Character issues, not to my knowledge. He always seemed like a good kid every time I spoke with him.

No academic issues. Character issues, not to my knowledge. He always seemed like a good kid every time I spoke with him.

That's good to hear, and probably wrong of me to guess about. But it is rare for a kid with a 90 rating to be this far into the process without some sort of issues, usually off the court.

Stefan has some talent, to be sure.

There are question marks regarding his effort and attitude. There is a school of thought that his talent and individual numbers outweigh his value to his team.

I watched him a lot during the high school season. He's a whiner and not as good as advertised. Sure he can shoot but the games I was at he was like 2 for 7 on threes and his coach sits him often because he gets so close to technicals when something doesn't go perfect. Also got suspended for underage drinking at the start of the season. Mid major for sure.

Alot of talk about Stefan and Minnetonka this year and not much of it positivie, from the coach's curious dismissal to the players. I won't post all the rumors because I have no way of knowing whats true but I know some schools do definately have character issues with Cole, he has always expressed an want to play on the west coast so thats where he has mainly kept his interest. Even if MN wanted him, which they don't, I doubt he would stay.

I watched him a lot during the high school season. He's a whiner and not as good as advertised. Sure he can shoot but the games I was at he was like 2 for 7 on threes and his coach sits him often because he gets so close to technicals when something doesn't go perfect. Also got suspended for underage drinking at the start of the season. Mid major for sure.

+1

Anyone that was at the Hopkins/Tonka playoff game saw the character issues with Cole.

I never knew he had attitude problems. I've only seen him play a couple times, but never witnessed any of those issues myself. Disappointing.

That is so random. I didn't even know he was considering La Salle.

That is so random. I didn't even know he was considering La Salle.

La Salle didn't really show interest until the last couple of months... but, they wound up being the only official he took (two weekends ago) and were able to seal the deal.

The Explorers are coming off a 12-18 (4-12 A-10) 2009-10 campaign. The injury bug was rampant in Philly.

They are excited about the incoming class, including a couple of decent looking point guards (Tyreek Duren and Sam Mills), but will need to have kids step up with the departure of senior Rodney Green (18.5 pts, 37+ mins), a local product, as well as Kimmani Barret (13.4 ppg) and Yves Mekongo (11.2 ppg) Another kid from the area, Aaric Murray, will be in just his second year. Stud 6'10" center averaged 12.2 pts and 6.6 rebs a game during his freshman year. He'll be an NBA draft pick - the only question is when... 2011?... 2012? Big guard Ruben Guillandeaux should receive a medical redshirt and be back for one more year as well..

An interesting opportunity for Stefan... I've always liked La Salle (Lionel Simmons and I had a lot in common back in the day.. playing basketball for Catholic schools at the same time.. only difference was he was an absolute stud for a college program, while I was riding the pine for BSM)

Top Bottom