I can't take the drama anymore

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
I can not remember a time in Gopher sports history where more sh*t hit the fan all at once than the last year for this program. The absurd the twist and turns we have gone though-- Royce White, Trevor, Cory Joseph, Royce White, Al's academics, Tubby rumors, Royce White, Paul Carter, Justin Cobbs, 11th hour spring recruitents, Royce White and the list goes on...

Getting through this off season and just stabilizing the entire situation is going to be huge for this team.

I'm not blaming anyone, except maybe college kids acting dumb, but its just been a perfect storm of issues all hitting at once. I'm still optimistic, but man, this has been crazy.

The absurd the twist and turns we have gone though-- Royce White, Trevor, Cory Joseph, Royce White, Al's academics, Tubby rumors, Royce White, Paul Carter, Justin Cobbs, 11th hour spring recruitents, Royce White and the list goes on...

It sounds like the makings of a great J-Strings song to me...

Go Gophers!!

It sounds like the makings of a great J-Strings song to me...

Go Gophers!!

lol @ that. Brown & White Entertainment FTW! Someone should tell Royce that the NBA pays a lot of money. All you need is one Troy Hudson style contract and you can start your very own record label...the best part is, the money is guaranteed!

I can not remember a time in Gopher sports history where more sh*t hit the fan all at once than the last year for this program. The absurd the twist and turns we have gone though-- Royce White, Trevor, Cory Joseph, Royce White, Al's academics, Tubby rumors, Royce White, Paul Carter, Justin Cobbs, 11th hour spring recruitents, Royce White and the list goes on...

Getting through this off season and just stabilizing the entire situation is going to be huge for this team.

I'm not blaming anyone, except maybe college kids acting dumb, but its just been a perfect storm of issues all hitting at once. I'm still optimistic, but man, this has been crazy.

I don't know about that, but Ganglegate probably trumped this past year ;)

'86 was no walk in the park either. "On the morning of Jan. 24, 1986, three Minnesota players were arrested..." You may not rember it, but that was, ahem...a rough patch.

Too young for 86 and too naive for Jan G writing everyone's papers. As far as non-scandals go, this has been insane. This is not your typical off season.

Dirk, over the years you will learn that there will be few "smooth sailing, this baby is on cruise controll" seasons regarding Gopher hoops. This year was not typical, but strange things happening are nothing new to long term fans. Believe me, when things are going good I'm getting nervous, knowing that "something" is going to happen.
If you are in this for the long haul I recommend you buckle up...it's going to be a rough ride. Enjoy it when you can. I do.

Dirk, over the years you will learn that our buddy Murphy is really an optimist when it comes to Minnesota basketball.

Dirk, over the years you will learn that there will be few "smooth sailing, this baby is on cruise controll" seasons regarding Gopher hoops. This year was not typical, but strange things happening are nothing new to long term fans. Believe me, when things are going good I'm getting nervous, knowing that "something" is going to happen.
If you are in this for the long haul I recommend you buckle up...it's going to be a rough ride. Enjoy it when you can. I do.

I've been a fan for 25 years, I know what to expect. I think this has been underrated for just how crazy its gotten around here.

I've been a fan for 25 years, I know what to expect. I think this has been underrated for just how crazy its gotten around here.
Based on your earlier post re: being too young for '86 and naive for Ganglegate, you are barely 25 years old! You are saying you've been a fan since you came out of the womb? :rolleyes:

Actually I was a pretty big fan while I was still in the womb too. Luckily my ears developed before my eyes so I could still listen to the games.

FWIW Tubby's most tumultuous offseason at UK was 2002. Several players were dismissed from the team. He followed that turmoil with 32-4 record (#1 ranked team) in 2003.

Top Bottom