No Reusse Bashing Allowed

skoalvikings

Reaction score
There should be a 1-month moratorium on Reusse bashing on Gopherhole after this debacle. It will be impossible for him to cross the line this time--no ripping can be enough for this squad.

In the comment section of one of his articles basically degrading Brewster for the conflict between him and Beliema, I let loose on him pretty good. Now all I can do is just let him rip...for a little while anyway, because surely he will use this game as justifying his attitude and at this moment, I cannot reply!

I disagree. There should be no Reusse bashing until Brewster beats Iowa and Wisconsin. He's 0-4 now, very Mason like.

Probably should have known....

We got a "somewhat" positive article after the trip to Madison last week.

We're better off with Reusse hating the Gophers.

Go Gophers!

Disagree. Reusse may be justified in anything he has to say after this fiasco, but that doesn't absolve him from being a total tool when it comes to the gophers, always.

Any guesses on the Turkey of the Year for this year?

Outside of Brewster, Ruesse is not that unfair to the Gophers. He simply made up his mind about him early, and refuses to change. It's hard after tonite to see if he is wrong or not. But he has semi-coneded at times that he may have been wrong about him, both on KSTP and the Sports Show and even in one of his columns. His article last week was actually complementary considering. And any ripping he does now is totally justified.

Umm yeah right.
:rolleyes:

Reusse has more than earned his criticism. And it's not just for his take on Gopher football. He's also gone out of his way to take shots at Tubby Smith and the basketball program along with Don Lucia and the hockey program.

Whatever ripping he gets, he more than deserves.

Why not bash Ruesse? He's got the simplest strategy ever. Predict bad things will happen, and just wait until they do so he can say "I told you so." Then when things go well or great, ignore it and write a "heart-warming" story about a DIII ping-pong team or something. He's got numbers on his side, they're 119 D1 teams out there, and unless we're #1 he'll just write "Brewster just can't quite get the job done." He's a downer, he loves to point out the flaws in anything positive. Even if we won the rose bowl next year he would say "the bigten is down this year, the schedule was too easy, they still didn't play well enough to play in the national championship game, and it took too long to get back to the rose bowl" and people who don't follow the gophers closely walk away with a negative attitude. This almost constant negativity decays the support for the gophers across the state by making everyone so skeptical and fearful of backing a team only to be let down. People in this state are afraid to be fans and Ruesse is the fear monger.

Why not bash Ruesse? He's got the simplest strategy ever. Predict bad things will happen, and just wait until they do so he can say "I told you so." Then when things go well or great, ignore it and write a "heart-warming" story about a DIII ping-pong team or something. He's got numbers on his side, they're 119 D1 teams out there, and unless we're #1 he'll just write "Brewster just can't quite get the job done." He's a downer, he loves to point out the flaws in anything positive. Even if we won the rose bowl next year he would say "the bigten is down this year, the schedule was too easy, they still didn't play well enough to play in the national championship game, and it took too long to get back to the rose bowl" and people who don't follow the gophers closely walk away with a negative attitude. This almost constant negativity decays the support for the gophers across the state by making everyone so skeptical and fearful of backing a team only to be let down. People in this state are afraid to be fans and Ruesse is the fear monger.

well said......

I'm not sure why people worry about Reusse. He very rarely has anything insightful to say and for the most part is in the Mariotti mold of professional troll. Every town has them and as bizarrely cathartic as it may be for some people to wallow in negativity, all it takes is a couple big wins for guys like Reusse to fade into a whisper. All Brewster has to do next year is make another incremental step forward and bring home a couple rivalry trophies and 'ol Pat will be a non-issue for most people.

Top Bottom