Hey Gophers! ? about Calvin Godfrey

nickcyv

Reaction score
Hey gophers. Not here to flame or cause trouble. ISU has recently got involved with a post player out of Minnesota named Calvin Godfrey. Do any of you know anything about him? Apparently he has some shaky academics and has been to numerous high schools. ISU has struck out big time this spring in recruiting mainly due to a completely incompetent head coach but that is another story.

Congrats on a fine season and good luck in the future.

Hey nickcyv, hit the search above and type Godfrey in and you get 20 or so threads with info on him. Hope that helps.

Nice, who would have thought to use the search button? Thanks guys.

Godfrey committed to ISU today on his visit. We'll see if he gets qualified.

Hey gophers. Not here to flame or cause trouble. ISU has recently got involved with a post player out of Minnesota named Calvin Godfrey. Do any of you know anything about him? Apparently he has some shaky academics and has been to numerous high schools. ISU has struck out big time this spring in recruiting mainly due to a completely incompetent head coach but that is another story.

Hey nickcyv. Thanks for stopping by. ISU fans seems to be more respectful and tolerable to the opposing fans. basketball is played better at Ames then at Iowa City right now so enjoy it. good luck on your season.

I like Calvin but if Iowa State gets him qualified and into school this year, then the ncaa needs to investigate immediately.

Hey nickcyv. Thanks for stopping by. ISU fans seems to be more respectful and tolerable to the opposing fans. basketball is played better at Ames then at Iowa City right now so enjoy it. good luck on your season.

No problem. I know how annoying opposing fans can be, especially on message boards. Yea, basketball at ISU has been pretty crappy the past couple years. Not as bad as at Iowa but thats not really saying much because they were just ridiculously unathletic.

Best of luck in your upcoming season. Tell Rod Williams he can transfer down to ISU if wants. Hell, well even take Royce. :D

Hi nickcyv, welcome to the board! I only got to see Godfrey once this year, but was extremely impressed at his athletic ability, and how physical he was...he is a raw talent. I was the one that did the interview with him that was posted, and by all accounts - it seemed like he was a kid with a troubled past, that tried to move away from it. Hopefully, he's a kid that can positively influenced, and when away from certainly influences, he will be okay. With that being said, like JG said, I would be very surprised if he academically qualified.

If he can keep out of any trouble, I think you have a good bball player on your hands.

Top Bottom