Royce is the only five star player who wants to be a Gopher

GopherFish

Reaction score
Cory doesn't want to be here, Harrison Barnes doesn't either and Royce does. Royce is a hero in my book for wanting to play for the hometown team when he could play just about anywhere, lobbying Rodney Williams to play here, and his vocal support for the program, and he's served more than enough time for the provisional misdemeanors he committed. Sure he's a rough bird, but he's just a kid with a lot of talent and Minnesota pride. Royce most of us want to see you playing for the Maroon and Gold next year.

Royce White a Hero? Get a grip on reality. Yikes.

Sorry that you invested so much of your life in Cory Joseph - to most of us it was pretty obvious we were on the back burner. Barnes? We weren't even a burner on his stove of choices.

He quit because he didnt want to deal with the UMPD getting in his face again. Id be pretty pissed off if the police took 4 months to close a type of case usually let go in a weekend, if that. they were looking to hang it on his neck and dragged it out as long as they could. put himself in a bad position? yes. screwed up at the MOA? yes (strike 1). Doesnt everyone deserve a second chance? he seems to have kept his nose pretty clean since, especially with all the extra free time, youd think if he was a bad kid he wouldve found himself more trouble, eh? he hasnt.

Cory doesn't want to be here, Harrison Barnes doesn't either and Royce does. Royce is a hero in my book for wanting to play for the hometown team when he could play just about anywhere, lobbying Rodney Williams to play here, and his vocal support for the program, and he's served more than enough time for the provisional misdemeanors he committed. Sure he's a rough bird, but he's just a kid with a lot of talent and Minnesota pride. Royce most of us want to see you playing for the Maroon and Gold next year.

Boy, you have an interesting idea of a what a "hero" is. :rolleyes:

You better all hope RW comes back next year or you can look at another 12-15 loss season easily.

Royce is not yet a hero, which is why I want him to get his act together, re-join the team, and become a hero.

Royce White a Hero? Get a grip on reality. Yikes.

Sorry that you invested so much of your life in Cory Joseph - to most of us it was pretty obvious we were on the back burner. Barnes? We weren't even a burner on his stove of choices.

Not me. I never thought Cory was coming here. Go read my posts as I took flak for saying he was likely headed for Texas.

alright...how about you subtract the questionable word "hero" from this and talk about how it is a good idea to take royce back since he is very talented and wants to be here...

+1 Get him back on the team NOW.

We're obviously not capable of attracting out of state 5* players until we become a top-10 team, and the way to get there is to mix very good-but-not-elite 4-year players with a couple stars. The stars are going to have to come from in-state, apparently.

Get a top ten finish and/or Final Four, finish the practice facility, keep Tubby, and then we should be "there." (There being a point where it's not a problem to attract a 5* player who's a brother of someone we already have ... as it should be).

+1 Get him back on the team NOW.

We're obviously not capable of attracting out of state 5* players until we become a top-10 team, and the way to get there is to mix very good-but-not-elite 4-year players with a couple stars. The stars are going to have to come from in-state, apparently.

Get a top ten finish and/or Final Four, finish the practice facility, keep Tubby, and then we should be "there." (There being a point where it's not a problem to attract a 5* player who's a brother of someone we already have ... as it should be).

yup, cory just hates his brother and hates minnesota. thats it. great insight.

Cory picked the school that was best for HIM. that HE wanted to go too. it was HIS decision and HIS preference for how HE wanted to play basketball. Devoe had very little to do with his decision other than saying itd be cool to play together, i hope u play here. Do you think maybe Cory wanted to play at texas, more so than he didnt want to play at minnesota? He choose texas, he didnt say, minnesota sucks. so i guessssss ill just have to go to texas. darn.

You better all hope RW comes back next year or you can look at another 12-15 loss season easily.

12-15, really?

Also...when was the other 12-15 season by the way?

Man oh man:confused:

Art where did you come from and why do you even post here? It is one thing to be a realist....another to post nothing but constant negative BS that is way beyone reason. You are either not a gopher fan or if so, you are mentally unstable.

Certainly not a hero, but I hope he gets his act together and Tubby deems him worthy of coming back. That way he can have an opportunity to bring a more positive light to his name all the while helping us win games and making the team more fun to watch in the process.

So Mr. White made a few bad decisions. He has easily paid the price. To say he is a hero is a bit of a stretch. If Tubby allows him back and Royce makes an impact and keeps his nose clean the rest of the time here. He will be praised. And if he plays so well he can make the NBA everyone will say Tubby is a genius for letting him come back.

Top Bottom