Cory picks Texas

Well...now we have a scholly open for royce

Also, i want to see a game next year scheduled for minn vs texas. good non con game, and then we can show cory what hes missing

I'm sorry, Devoe, but your brother made a poor decision. :mad:

Of course, I wish Cory well. But I'm PISSED at Coach Peck!!

oh well..... time to move on! No sense wasting time and energy thinking about what ifs...

Devoe and Walker are worthless now. Send them to the guillotine.

Oh, and looks like most of the media was right. ;)

Good for Al Nolan and Justin Cobbs. The tandem of TT and CJ is the obvious factor here. Watching the Jordan Brand and McDonald's tournament, it was clear that TT was lost without CJ on the floor with him to dish dimes.

This is disappointing. It's not like we lost a local kid here, but it still hurts.

Unsurprising. That's how it goes. I hope J. Cobbs develops into a superstar, and I hope Devoe becomes the only Joseph to ever have any success at the collegiate level.

forget corey, no more corey threads ever again, get a 5 star who actually wants to be a gopher aka White...

forget corey, no more corey threads ever again, get a 5 star who actually wants to be a gopher aka White...

Uff da. I think we need him now. But that's not to say I don't have serious reservations.

If Cobbs leaves now we'll be thin at PG.

We would be okay next year if Nolen gets eligible even if Cobbs leaves. Two years down the line it would be a problem though. The only player with any experience would be Devoe. I hope Cobbs stays.

We would be okay next year if Nolen gets eligible even if Cobbs leaves. Two years down the line it would be a problem though. The only player with any experience would be Devoe. I hope Cobbs stays.

I agree. I bashed him when I thought he was leaving, but that was only for leaving. I've always thought he had a good chance to be a player for us. If he's fully committed to the program and the rumors were just rumors, here's hoping he works hard in the offseason and returns ready to give big minutes.

Unsurprising. That's how it goes. I hope J. Cobbs develops into a superstar, and I hope Devoe becomes the only Joseph to ever have any success at the collegiate level.

Like most, I'm upset with Cory's decision. But I don't think anyone should hope that he has a horrible career at Texas, or that he fails to make the NBA. His brother still plays at the U of M, and it's wrong for us to wish bad things on Cory. We can be mad at his choice, mad at his coach, mad that it took him so long to make his decision and now the Gophers are left to scramble for another option. But if Cory gets injured at Texas, or finds that he just doesn't like it there and it's not what was promised, there's always a chance that he could wind up at the U of M as long as Devoe is a Gopher. So, please, rather than flaming Cory, we should just express our disappointment, but wish him well.

Id bet the house Texas goes nowhere with cory joseph and their overrated coach. I HATE the longhorns now. HATE. Royce should now join and be an all american selection

Like most, I'm upset with Cory's decision. But I don't think anyone should hope that he has a horrible career at Texas, or that he fails to make the NBA. His brother still plays at the U of M, and it's wrong for us to wish bad things on Cory. We can be mad at his choice, mad at his coach, mad that it took him so long to make his decision and now the Gophers are left to scramble for another option. But if Cory gets injured at Texas, or finds that he just doesn't like it there and it's not what was promised, there's always a chance that he could wind up at the U of M as long as Devoe is a Gopher. So, please, rather than flaming Cory, we should just express our disappointment, but wish him well.

Well, I'm on record other places explaining why I don't wish D-1 basketball players who don't play for the Gophers well. Long story short, I don't hope he gets injured, or that his relationship with Devoe is impaired, or that anything bad happens to him off the basketball court. But as soon as he decides to put on another team's jersey, he's an opponent. As such, I wish him nothing but basketball failure.

Yeah, well, too bad... Cobbs will (and can) be really good at the point ... Just give him more PT Tubby. We're OK. Now it's also really, really important for next year that Al gets his game/grades together to share the PT with Cobbs. I'm glad the 'CJ Show' is over.

Well, does this mean Avery is pulling his name from the draft then too? Avery, Tristan and Cory at Texas....the Findlay connection. Let's watch and see what happens to Findlay's coach if Findlay folds. Can you say assistant coach at Texas???

Top Bottom