Latest on CJ... Lack of communication with Texas

That report tries to paint Texas in a positive light by saying that CJ probably won't be 1-and-done, then saying that he would get to play mostly shooting guard his sophomore season.

They also say that Bradley is likely staying in the draft, meaning that even if he plays point this year, he's likely starting at the 2-spot and doing the ball handling from there rather than the 1, because he's bigger and a better shooter than Texas's other 4 point guards. It also means he will be defended by bigger players which negates the fact that he's a bigger point guard.

This is exactly why I've been saying that Texas is NOT a good fit for Cory. If he wants to play professionally, it's at the point, and even though TT is probably Cory's best friend, the Texas situation just isn't as good a fit as a lot of national people like to make it out to be.

I personally think Villanova makes the most sense for him. I really hope he comes here and I think we would probably be a close second, but Nova does a great job with their guards. They also get a lot more exposure. I just think COry seems like a perfect fit for Nova.

I agree that Nova is a good fit, but it's also the only team where Cory may not start.. he'd still get significant minutes whether he starts or not, but he'd only play point when Wayns is on the bench. Otherwise he would play a similar position as Stokes and Fisher. And having 3 guys with the same first name playing the same role on the same team would get confusing if nothing else!

A couple things....

NO where else, but MN, wil Cory Joseph, the MOMENT he signs his LOI, become the starting point guard and presumed leading scorer. Two things that are important to a young man wanting to play under four years in college and go into the NBA as a PG.

MN is the best fit.

How did Tubby do with Rondo? He seems to be doing OK as an NBA PG.

MN is the best fit.

NO other team he's considering is as primed to improve as the Gophers. If he plays two years, his "final season" teammates iinclude SENIORS - Devoe Joseph, Iverson, RSIII, Mbakwe(hopefully), JUNIORS - Rodney Williams, Justin Cobbs(hopefully) and plenty of depth at every position. With an NBA first rounder as floor general, this is a team that can capture the Big Ten Title and be dangerous in the Tourney.

MN IS THE BEST FIT.

And finally, this is a MN fan board, isn't it? And he hasn't chosen yet, has he?

MN IS THE BEST FIT.

The article below gives me the impression that Avery Bradley will be back at Texas.

"said he has not interviewed or worked out for any NBA teams, and has no such sessions planned."

"It's just a process me and my family have chosen to go through," Bradley said

I read this that he is looking for feedback and advice (process) not looking to go pro.

I agree Villanova would be a good fit - but don't think CJ will get as much playing time there. If the goal is to go pro - with no regard to anything else does Villanova's three guard offense translate to the pros? Also, why not give Kentucky more consideration?

http://blogs.chron.com/longhorns/2010/04/ut_basketball_bradley_still_no.html

A couple things....

NO where else, but MN, wil Cory Joseph, the MOMENT he signs his LOI, become the starting point guard and presumed leading scorer. Two things that are important to a young man wanting to play under four years in college and go into the NBA as a PG.

MN is the best fit.

MN is the best fit.

NO other team he's considering is as primed to improve as the Gophers. If he plays two years, his "final season" teammates iinclude SENIORS - Devoe Joseph, Iverson, RSIII, Mbakwe(hopefully), JUNIORS - Rodney Williams, Justin Cobbs(hopefully) and plenty of depth at every position. With an NBA first rounder as floor general, this is a team that can capture the Big Ten Title and be dangerous in the Tourney.

MN IS THE BEST FIT.

And finally, this is a MN fan board, isn't it? And he hasn't chosen yet, has he?

MN IS THE BEST FIT.

Now that Ghers-- is a post. Nicely stated Beowultom. This is THE place for CJ. Nowhere better than here in the Barn.

The article below gives me the impression that Avery Bradley will be back at Texas.

"said he has not interviewed or worked out for any NBA teams, and has no such sessions planned."

"It's just a process me and my family have chosen to go through," Bradley said

I read this that he is looking for feedback and advice (process) not looking to go pro.

I agree Villanova would be a good fit - but don't think CJ will get as much playing time there. If the goal is to go pro - with no regard to anything else does Villanova's three guard offense translate to the pros? Also, why not give Kentucky more consideration?

http://blogs.chron.com/longhorns/2010/04/ut_basketball_bradley_still_no.html

Thanks for the link, G in TX.

What do you think of Barnes quote?

UT coach Rick Barnes said he expects Bradley to participate in workouts before the May 8 deadline, but the coach is not pushing Bradley one way or the other.

"I'm indifferent," Barnes said. "I've been through it. I want these guys to do what's best for them."

Makes one wonder.

Kentucky, I don't think is an option, not with who they've already signed.

I think Cory should... ohh.....wait... I think you guys probably know where i stand on the topic.:horse:

Thanks for the link, G in TX.

What do you think of Barnes quote?

UT coach Rick Barnes said he expects Bradley to participate in workouts before the May 8 deadline, but the coach is not pushing Bradley one way or the other.

"I'm indifferent," Barnes said. "I've been through it. I want these guys to do what's best for them."

Makes one wonder.

Kentucky, I don't think is an option, not with who they've already signed.

I think Cory should... ohh.....wait... I think you guys probably know where i stand on the topic.:horse:

Tough to interpret, but I read this as Barnes "suggested" to Bradley that he go through this process but he is not going to make him do it. My guess is Bradley does 1 or 2 interviews / workouts (probably with the Texas teams) and checks the box that he did it. Then he comes back next year to Texas. This would be consistent with Barnes' public goal of getting these guys to the NBA (strange mission for a college basketball program as the majority will not make it to the nba).

Tough to interpret, but I read this as Barnes "suggested" to Bradley that he go through this process but he is not going to make him do it. My guess is Bradley does 1 or 2 interviews / workouts (probably with the Texas teams) and checks the box that he did it. Then he comes back next year to Texas. This would be consistent with Barnes' public goal of getting these guys to the NBA (strange mission for a college basketball program as the majority will not make it to the nba).

Yeah, Barnes is odd. He seems to be an o.k. coach but then he says stuff like"I'd rather my players go to the NBA then win a title" (I'm paraphrasing)

Well should we add Bradley's return to our list for.......

MN IS THE BEST FIT

A couple things....

MN is the best fit.

MN is the best fit.

MN IS THE BEST FIT.

MN IS THE BEST FIT.

Yeah, he may not start from Day 1 at Nova. I don't neccesarily think that is the most important thing for a kid who wants to get to the NBA after his second season. He will certainly get a ton of PT, and will absolutely be a starter in his second season. If he thinks he is good enough to go to the NBA after 1 season, well then he shouldn't be too concerned about beating out a college kid for PT. Furthermore, I think there is probably about a 70% chance the kid would start for Nova. They always play 3 guards and they lose Reggie Redding and Scottie Reynolds. There is definitely a spot for him to start.

I realize he would be playing with talent in MN but he would be playing with a lot of talent no matter where he goes (here or UT).

I realize it's a MN board, does that mean we can't have unbiased opinions (or attempt to).

Yeah, he may not start from Day 1 at Nova. I don't neccesarily think that is the most important thing for a kid who wants to get to the NBA after his second season. He will certainly get a ton of PT, and will absolutely be a starter in his second season. If he thinks he is good enough to go to the NBA after 1 season, well then he shouldn't be too concerned about beating out a college kid for PT. Furthermore, I think there is probably about a 70% chance the kid would start for Nova. They always play 3 guards and they lose Reggie Redding and Scottie Reynolds. There is definitely a spot for him to start.

I realize he would be playing with talent in MN but he would be playing with a lot of talent no matter where he goes (here or UT).

I realize it's a MN board, does that mean we can't have unbiased opinions (or attempt to).

No, it's totally cool to have any opinion, I guess what I'm saying is that I truly think if you add up all the pro's and con's, it is indeed MN that comes out on top. And I find it amazing that viewpoint isn't easier to find on a MN fan board.

A second-best mentality doesn't fly with me.(not that YOU are saying that, though some on this board have a curious low-state-esteem)

I don't think Tubby has it. I think he's still after another National Title, I think the program is in great shape and has come through the disappointing dramas of last year. I believe the MN Gophers can be a National Power in college basketball.

So, when people say two teams who we could have beat at the end of last season, and who are guard heavy already, and who don't have his brother, or Tubby, when people say they are better places for a recruit that I believe belongs at the U.... I'll disagree.

But I in no way want to shout you down.

Why Is Viilinova a better landing spot for Cory than the U?

this deserves it's own thread....

Not reliable enough to deserve its own thread. I could go on any team's site right now and say I heard from coaching buddies they just landed some player they recruited. Just like this guy did.

Not reliable enough to deserve its own thread. I could go on any team's site right now and say I heard from coaching buddies they just landed some player they recruited. Just like this guy did.

yeah, just saw it was his second post.....

if he's messing with people, that's pretty low.

i hope there's truth there.

No, it's totally cool to have any opinion, I guess what I'm saying is that I truly think if you add up all the pro's and con's, it is indeed MN that comes out on top. And I find it amazing that viewpoint isn't easier to find on a MN fan board.

A second-best mentality doesn't fly with me.(not that YOU are saying that, though some on this board have a curious low-state-esteem)

I don't think Tubby has it. I think he's still after another National Title, I think the program is in great shape and has come through the disappointing dramas of last year. I believe the MN Gophers can be a National Power in college basketball.

So, when people say two teams who we could have beat at the end of last season, and who are guard heavy already, and who don't have his brother, or Tubby, when people say they are better places for a recruit that I believe belongs at the U.... I'll disagree.

But I in no way want to shout you down.

Why Is Viilinova a better landing spot for Cory than the U?

It's really not that I think the U is a bad fit, I think it is probably the second best fit for Cory. I hope he wants to go to a big school (then he would prefer here to Nova).

I think Nova is a better fit because they are so guard oriented. They play a large chunk of the game with 4 guards, playing a wide open style. I just think that style makes talented guards look better (doesn't neccesarily develop them better). Since Jay Wright has taken over at Nova they have had sent a number of guards to the NBA. Again, i'm not saying that he develops them better (no one would argue that Foye, Ray, Lowery (or eventually Reynolds) will light the NBA on fire), but the style makes them look better and showcases their skills.

I also think Nova is more of a guranteed school to succeed (done better recently and have had better recruiting classes). I think a team that does well in the Big East will get a tremendous amount of exposure.

Those are my reasonings. Again, I do completely understand the argument for MN being #1 best fit, but if I was young PG, that Nova offense would be quite appealing to me.

the IP address for wvuhoops is out of Houston TX. take that for what it worth.

Top Bottom