Yes Marcus - We know we suck

Blizzard

Reaction score
I guess I'm just over reacting a tad, but what the hell is with the media in the Twin Cities?

A Marcus Fuller tweet-

Tubby's chances at making NCAA tourney for third straight year at MN gets even better with expansion to 68 teams. But does it mean the same?

Yes. We absolutely will somehow luck our way into the NCAA tournament next year. I know we won't deserve to be there, but thankfully, they expanded and if they wouldn't have we'll never be able to get in. We're counting our lucky stars already Marcus.

In terms of the general impact of this on making the tournament, it's a valid question. 96 would have de-valued it completely. I don't think adding 3 teams waters in down that much. It does mean that NO team will have any excuse to whine if they are the first team out.

That said, he could have phrased this as a general question and avoided the unecessary shot at Tubby and Gophers.

I don't understand why people think the local media (in any market) is obligated to being cheerleaders for the local teams. That's not their job.

Tubby's chances at making NCAA tourney for third straight year at MN gets even better with expansion to 68 teams. But does it mean the same? So Marcus is already predicting that if we make it into the tournament next season we will be a bubble team and only get in because they have added three more spots?

What a jacka$$.

Tubby's chances at making NCAA tourney for third straight year at MN gets even better with expansion to 68 teams. But does it mean the same? So Marcus is already predicting that if we make it into the tournament next season we will be a bubble team and only get in because they have added three more spots?

What a jacka$$.

Not at all, he just stated it got a bit eaiser to get it, which it did. I see no harm here.

I don't understand why people think the local media (in any market) is obligated to being cheerleaders for the local teams. That's not their job.

+100

people need to get thicker skin on this board.

Not at all, he just stated it got a bit eaiser to get it, which it did. I see no harm here.

If this years tournament would have been 68 instead of 65 teams, Illinois, Virgina Tech and Mississippi St might have been the last three in. Would that have made it less meaningful that the Gophers made it into the Dance ahead of them? NOT AT ALL.

Alert the media, Art is now against either fans or media being for the home team. :)

It does mean that NO team will have any excuse to whine if they are the first team out.

Do you think that with 65 there was excuse to whine? With 65, if you can't make the top -- how many at-large bids are there? 34? If you can't get in there, you got nobody to blame but yourself. This changes nothing with regard to that.

I'm extremely glad they went with this plan.

Its not that people want him to be a cheerleader, its the fact that he is the anti cheerleader. He actually goes out of his way to tear down the team. So where you get angry with people who always see the positive, a lot of us get tired of these guys always taking the negative angle.

This won't change the whining

That's one thing that won't change with expansion, the whining. All it means is the "bubble whiners" will now be #69, 70 & 71, instead of #66, 67 & 68. Do we really think if Virginia Tech comes up short once again that Seth Greenberg will quit his whining? I think not.

I guess I'm just over reacting a tad, but what the hell is with the media in the Twin Cities?

A Marcus Fuller tweet-

Yes. We absolutely will somehow luck our way into the NCAA tournament next year. I know we won't deserve to be there, but thankfully, they expanded and if they wouldn't have we'll never be able to get in. We're counting our lucky stars already Marcus.

Wonder if Marcus knows that 68 is just 3 more teams than 65?

I cannot believe the MST and SP3 would hire 2 idiots like Marcus and Myron.

For a long time, FOT

a lot of us have wondered much the same thing.

The overall state of the newmedia in this town is horrible considering its size and market

And its like Myron is pulling Marcus down to his level

Every team's chances get better with expansion of the tournament. Singling out Tubby creates the impression that only Minnesota will have a better chance.

Just out of curiousity what is Marcus twitter name? I got Myron but need to add Marcus

Originally Posted by Myron P. Medcalf GophersBBGuy View Post
Someone has apparently told Minnesota fans that they deserve Cory Joseph. Based on what? LOL.

But do we deserve Medcalf? What's with the snide LOL at the end of his tweet? Myron is acting more and more like a columnist everyday which he isn't. Stick to the facts Myron. Your opinions... LOL ...are of no consequence.

But do we deserve Medcalf? What's with the snide LOL at the end of his tweet? Myron is acting more and more like a columnist everyday which he isn't. Stick to the facts Myron. Your opinions... LOL ...are of no consequence.

Myron's opinions on gophers basketball are no better then my co-workers, neighbors or wifes and they hardly follow gophers basketball. Stick to the facts Myron.

That brings up a good question. What is the local media's job? And do you think the local media does a good job covering the Gophers?

Wow. What a complete embarrassment. I had to email him after that one. He has the maturity of a 10 year old. I'm glad we have classy guys like him, Jim, and Marcus around.

I think his latest tweet is a bit more insulting to gophers fans.

Oh, stfu, we've heard it all before.

Lol. Yeah, pretty much.

That brings up a good question. What is the local media's job? And do you think the local media does a good job covering the Gophers?

I dont think they really do a great job, but reading this board you would think they want the programs to fold. Truth be told, the U's FB and BB teams have given plenty of ammo for people to write about the last 20 years and neither program has had sustained success over the past 20 years.

Neither is it their job to hurl sarcastic put-downs every single day. There is a middle ground.

Top Bottom