Anyone else...

Go Gophs eh?

Reaction score
Hate when fans from other teams come on our board and either trash the gophers or discuss their team? You are not wanted by me non gopher fans, either talk gophs or don't talk at all. ;)

Doesn't bother me. Sometimes they liven things up. I've always said posters can say anything they want. I have the options of reading or ignoring all messages.Ofcourse, if outsiders bother you your free and welcome to say so.

Hate when fans from other teams come on our board and either trash the gophers or discuss their team? You are not wanted by me non gopher fans, either talk gophs or don't talk at all. ;)

Who cares? Use the ignore poster function that this message board has blessed us with.

Doesn't bother me. Sometimes they liven things up. I've always said posters can say anything they want. I have the options of reading or ignoring all messages.Ofcourse, if outsiders bother you your free and welcome to say so.

And here's the exception to the whiny crybaby Gopher fans that I loathe. I like you, figi.

Eh. I know this post is about me, and I'm flattered. But if you look at my post history, a vast majority of the posts I've made have been about Gopher football. So again, I'm sorry but you are quite ignorant of which you speak.

Oh, and I haven't trashed the Gophers once. If I have I'd love for you to pull up that post. And the ONLY reason I started to discuss my team is because some of the posters here are ill-informed at best and I just wanted to offer up a more correct perspective in regards to Texas' basketball team.

But if you'd love to go on living in ignorance, please do as the other poster said, and feel free to ignore my posts. It's really not that difficult.

Exactly. If you're that bothered by someone else to make a new thread, it might be time to hit the ignore button. It's really not that hard.

I personally like other viewpoints and clashing of ideas...some fans of other teams help fuel very interesting arguments that can be the most enjoyable threads to read

If we're talking about "Censored" and his back-and-forth with our fans on a different thread I am way more pissed off about how our fans are acting.

You have to agree with all of the points brought up by Censored, and the fact that MN fans responded by bringing up single game losses and dallas cowboy references only strengthens the argument from Censored. His points are valid, people!!!! Don't you get it???? There are positive and negative points about each school. Censored acknowledged as much. The fact that many of us aren't is simply childish at best, or ignorant at worst.

Basically, if you were an outsider and read that thread you would be forced to jump to the conclusion that MN fans in general are a bunch of short-fused name-callers that seem to be basing their emotions on their on the every move of a HS kid deciding between 5 schools. Sad.

If we're talking about "Censored" and his back-and-forth with our fans on a different thread I am way more pissed off about how our fans are acting.

You have to agree with all of the points brought up by Censored, and the fact that MN fans responded by bringing up single game losses and dallas cowboy references only strengthens the argument from Censored. His points are valid, people!!!! Don't you get it???? There are positive and negative points about each school. Censored acknowledged as much. The fact that many of us aren't is simply childish at best, or ignorant at worst.

Basically, if you were an outsider and read that thread you would be forced to jump to the conclusion that MN fans in general are a bunch of short-fused name-callers that seem to be basing their emotions on their on the every move of a HS kid deciding between 5 schools. Sad.

My thoughts exactly.

I just hate it when fans only read the board to find every single place where their team is mentioned so that they can defend them.

Sorry.

As I said in another thread, I got a little over protective of gopherfan, the board, and contributed to the mess. So, I apologize.

I'll take it down a notch and try to treat even the most uncivil with some civility.

Ok, Enough about that.

I do agree that there were valid points in what he said about the attractiveness of Texas. I think MN is truly better for a five-star talent to showcase himself. We have a better overall team this coming year with Pittman and James leaving, a better coach, and he won't have to share the spotlight.

Ultimately the recruitment of Cory Joseph is secondary to the attitude/vibe surrounding the program and it may sound crazy, but that's us. That's where we come in. Fans can actually influence teams. They do it during games (think Williams during a WI game) and also help to forge the public perception of the team. Call me a homer. We should all be homers.

Not unthinking or uncritical but loyal and assuming the best of the people we say we root for.

I'll get off my soap-box. I'd rather laugh at Oto music-videos.

Top Bottom