Year after next will be exciting.

Go Gophs eh?

Reaction score
the 2010-11 season has many unanswereds. i expect gophs to make it to first round of tourney if 64 teams, 2nd or 3rd round if 96 teams. But if we hang in there for the 2011-12 season even if we land no recruits at all we sould be a top 15 team with final four possibilities. Think about it...

Devoe is a senior, already deadly as a soph.
RS III is a senior, again already big time player
Colton is a senior,
Mbakwe is a red shirt senior
Rodney is a greatly improved junior, by then i expect lock down defense and crazy rebounding abilities, maybe around 12-15 ppg
Cobbs= solid BT point gaurd, pass first and athletic already
Along with sophmore Mo walker becoming like a less athletic version of Cousins with the wide body and Hollins shooting tres all day, and who knows for elliason and Oto
But i can see it already. :)

Not sure why people are higher on RSIII then on Iverson. Colton will be all BigTen and an absolute monster by his SR year.

cant wait

I guess cause he didnt really emerge until the big ten tourney, thats when i noticed him , otherwise all year he averaged like 4 pts a game. but dont get me wrong i expect big things from him too. plus i was at the purdue game where sampson had 23 points and he looked like all big ten that game, he was so polished on the offensive side and i expect that every game his senior season.

I too have a sign that reads "The Gophers will be good next year"

Devoe did not have a 'DEADLY' sophomore season and Ralph is not already a 'BIG TIME PLAYER'.

Devoe did not have a 'DEADLY' sophomore season and Ralph is not already a 'BIG TIME PLAYER'.

No, but they both showed flashes of those traits last season. Growing/Developing as a player in college is not just about improving your skills, but taking the skills you already have and being more consistent in your ability to use them.

I would say based on the Gophers performance down the stretch and the recruiting that has occured, the gophers are going to be a two big man lineup at all times. I thnk they are going to be dangerous next year.

No, but they both showed flashes of those traits last season. Growing/Developing as a player in college is not just about improving your skills, but taking the skills you already have and being more consistent in your ability to use them.

Both need to improve their consistency. I'm expecting much more form Devoe then Ralph over the next two seasons.

Top Bottom