Paul Carter's Track Record

akgopher

Reaction score
Does anyone have any background info on #1? Specifically in regards to what kind of a prospect he was coming out of high school. This is where I think he's been:
Soph HS- California. Where, was he a prospect or varsity player?
Junior HS- New Orleans. How did he do there?
Senior HS- Arkansas. Why did he end up at JUCO and did any DI schools have interest?
JUCO Redshirt- Connors St.
JUCO Frosh- Missouri State- West Plains
Soph- Here

Six schools in six years, the guy's a gypsy. Mbwake will also be on his sixth school in six years as well. I'd be interested in finding out more about Carter's high school career and what kind of a prospect he was. I remember a previous interview on gopherhole, but I don't think his past was addressed in depth.

I have to say, both the Jucos were outstanding today. Carter was darned good and Bostick was simply in that zone on the offensive end. I'm not sure what kind of prospect he was coming out of high school, but one thing is for sure about Carter: He's very athletic. :)

Both of them have come thru a tremendous amount of adversity in their lives.....Katrina for one. Today, the Jucos were the Storm at the BARN!!!! Way to go GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'll sum it up....Hot Damn!!!!)

Does anyone have any background info on #1? Specifically in regards to what kind of a prospect he was coming out of high school. This is where I think he's been:
Soph HS- California. Where, was he a prospect or varsity player?
Junior HS- New Orleans. How did he do there?
Senior HS- Arkansas. Why did he end up at JUCO and did any DI schools have interest?
JUCO Redshirt- Connors St.
JUCO Frosh- Missouri State- West Plains
Soph- Here

Six schools in six years, the guy's a gypsy. Mbwake will also be on his sixth school in six years as well. I'd be interested in finding out more about Carter's high school career and what kind of a prospect he was. I remember a previous interview on gopherhole, but I don't think his past was addressed in depth.

I believe he moved between his father and mother in HS. Left New Orleans because of Katrina.

Good, not great HS player. Still developing his skills. His Dad (Ron Carter) was NBA player in late 70's.

More Details On HS Career

Played as soph on Jordan Farmar's HS team in Calif but saw little PT that year. Then moved to NO.

Had to sit out part of semester (transfer rules) but played a lot that year. Hurricane Katrina hit so family relocated to Little Rock.

He played very well as senior there. Went to JuCo but sat out (due to coaching change, I think) and transferred to another JuCo. That's pretty common among JuCo players (play for different JC).

Played well at West Plains JC but had nagging injuries most of the year.

Carter On Post Game Show

Carter was "player of the game" and guest on the post game radio show. He said he left Calif. with his mother because they had econonmic problems They were force to leave New Orleans because of Katrina. They were on their way to Chicago, stopped in Little Rock to visit friends, and stayed because Paul had a chance to play ball there and the climate was more favorable. He said he went to Junior College because he had to get his grades up due to of all the changing schools. Tubby saw him play and offered him a scholarship.

He is apparently very religious, Tubby calls him "the spirtual leader of the team". He seems to be an excellent spokesman for the team.

In a later interview Tubby asked people to remember that Paul started the first games this year before injuring his ankle. The injury set him back because others had a chance to get use to the system. Now he has caught up. He is obviously a player that Tubby very much admires.

I really like Carter ... but today I noticed he had the "flattest" shots I've ever seen. Seemed like there was almost no arc on the ball's trajectory. It sure worked for him today!

Top Bottom