Read this espn.com garbage.

Go Gophs eh?

Reaction score
Joseph's list of finalists includes Connecticut, Minnesota, UNLV, Texas and Villanova. The scuttlebutt has Texas and Villanova out front, but don't count UConn out. Joseph has family in the area and has spent time in the state.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No mention of the gophs at all except they are on his list.
They give the gophs no love in any story ever. If the gophs ever win a chamionship i want to see the faces of the espn writers.

Joseph's list of finalists includes Connecticut, Minnesota, UNLV, Texas and Villanova. The scuttlebutt has Texas and Villanova out front, but don't count UConn out. Joseph has family in the area and has spent time in the state.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No mention of the gophs at all except they are on his list.
They give the gophs no love in any story ever. If the gophs ever win a chamionship i want to see the faces of the espn writers.

If the Gophers ever win a championship, you should see the look on my face.

Why is it garbage? If they listed Minnesota as the favorite would you feel the same way?

Why is it garbage? If they listed Minnesota as the favorite would you feel the same way?

What's garbage to me is that they say don't count out UConn because he has family there. Does he not have family in Minnesota? Really? Also I believe they mentioned somewhere in there that Texas is a leader because of the familiar faces there such as Tristan. Do Devoe and Mo not count as familiar faces? To them apparently they don't. That is what's garbage. Not consistent at all.

They mention he has family in Uconn but not minny? do they not know his own brother plays for a tournement team coached by none other than Tubby Smith, and its not even a possibility that he signs here compared to Uconn and Texas/villanova? I guess if we want to be considered an option for an all american we better be like Uconn and not even make the tourney. thats why its garbage.

What's garbage to me is that they say don't count out UConn because he has family there. Does he not have family in Minnesota? Really? Also I believe they mentioned somewhere in there that Texas is a leader because of the familiar faces there such as Tristan. Do Devoe and Mo not count as familiar faces? To them apparently they don't. That is what's garbage. Not consistent at all.

Fair enough - ESPN is just playing to the bigger markets I would guess. From a national perspective, I would bet that the Gophs are considered 4th or 5th on his list, but I do agree some of that reasoning is suspect...

Folks need to stop worrying about these national articles. Minnesota is flyover country...in every aspect. Tubby or not, we're still flyover country. Most of these articles just speculate on the big programs because its assumed any kid would have them at the top. Very few, if any, story on Cory really has any validity. At this point, its anybody's guess.

Folks need to stop worrying about these national articles. Minnesota is flyover country...in every aspect. Tubby or not, we're still flyover country. Most of these articles just speculate on the big programs because its assumed any kid would have them at the top. Very few, if any, story on Cory really has any validity. At this point, its anybody's guess.

If we're flyover country what is Kansas?

Folks need to stop worrying about these national articles. Minnesota is flyover country...in every aspect. Tubby or not, we're still flyover country. QUOTE]

It is until they decide to get excited about it for some reason. The Vikings were generally only moderately regarded among NFL teams. But get Brett Favre and oooh, they love us now. It's slowly coming around for the Twins too. You could say that the entire Big 10 is fly-over country. But if Cory were considering MSU or Indiana, they wouldn't be treated the same way. It will change when we start to win big.

Flyover in terms of program. Tubby is here but we are years away from being a Kansas. Until then, we are flyover country.

...and by 'flyover country' I assume you mean the biggest city on the list.

Top Bottom