Thread Ratings: Why does it autorate and not let me change it?

GopherFish

Reaction score
I've visited threads that I either loved or hated and then sought to rate the thread but it was already pre-rated (though I never rated it) and I can't change it. I've found threads I hated, rated 5 stars and vice-versa. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a flaw in the program causing this. Kind of makes ratings worthless in my mind.

User Error. It works fine. It is an average of other people's ratings, not just yours.

That doesn't explain it. The problem is that I can't rate certain threads--they are pre-rated. I'm not sure which ones--perhaps the ones I've posted to or have visited previously.

Let me guess, you rated this thread a 5?

They are "pre-rated" because someone else rated it already. You can rate any thread by clicking on the rating button at the top of every thread.

Not sure that you understand my question. I know how to rate a thread, but it doesn't always work. Sometimes it won't allow me to rate a particular thread. I guess you've never had that problem. Oh well.

I don't think you understand what the rating is. I'm telling you it doesn't display what you rate the thread at. It displays an average of what everyone has rated it including you.

I think he means that when a thread has been rated by others, when you go to try to rate it, it won't let you. I'm having this problem too!

I don't think you understand what the rating is. I'm telling you it doesn't display what you rate the thread at. It displays an average of what everyone has rated it including you.

I do understand its an average. But that's not my question. Cfield understands. I can't rate certain threads at all. The messages says something like "You've already rated this thread" when that is not the case.

I do understand its an average. But that's not my question. Cfield understands. I can't rate certain threads at all. The messages says something like "You've already rated this thread" when that is not the case.

Right. I have that problem, too.

Top Bottom