ESPN Talking heads ... it's so obvious.

freshtrout

Reaction score
It's been talked about how during the Iowa game the ESPN announcers and the halftime talking heads all questioned how the 19th rated team in the country (Gophers) could only score 20 pts in the first half..."What up with that" someone said during the half......Well, if you watched the Duke at Florida St game the other night, Duke (#2 rated) only scored 19 pts in the first half....in a game that was just as "ugly" as the Iowa/Gopher game. What was the "take" from ESPN?? Florida State is playing GREAT defense against Duke...Now I'm not comparing the Gophers to Duke, but ESPN's bias is so transparent is laughable, but I guess we all knew that....

It's been talked about how during the Iowa game the ESPN announcers and the halftime talking heads all questioned how the 19th rated team in the country (Gophers) could only score 20 pts in the first half..."What up with that" someone said during the half......Well, if you watched the Duke at Florida St game the other night, Duke (#2 rated) only scored 19 pts in the first half....in a game that was just as "ugly" as the Iowa/Gopher game. What was the "take" from ESPN?? Florida State is playing GREAT defense against Duke...Now I'm not comparing the Gophers to Duke, but ESPN's bias is so transparent is laughable, but I guess we all knew that....

Duke scored 47 points in the 2nd half of that game...

Very true Art, but I'm just talking about the comments from the first half of action...not he outcome of the 2 games.

ESPN = Duke Basketball = Notre Dame football = Dallas Cowboys = Yankees/Red Sox

Yeah, ESPN is becoming (if not already) an embarrassment. But if you can use the mute efficiently they still have the best games, picture, and audio.

ESPN = Duke Basketball = Notre Dame football = Dallas Cowboys = Yankees/Red Sox

They're only pro Notre Dame when the Irish are doing well. Charlie Weis was the messiah his first year in South Bend.

ESPN also likes to get on the bandwagon of random Big East football teams with inflated records: Rutgers, UConn, South Florida

Wow... a television station panders to the teams that have large, rabid fan bases. Imagine that. It's almost as if they are talking about the more popular teams in their respective sports in order to gain viewers. Who woulda thunk it?

It would seem to me that a station like ESPN would try to give fair coverage to multiple teams, that way gaining viewership from those teams' respective markets. Lets face it, rabid sports fans are going to watch ESPN no matter what, so pandering to them does nothing. On a side note, I think that ESPN has a hard-on for ND even when they aren't doing well. Throughout football season when you go to the CFB section, there was always some sort of story about ND football.

MinnesotaMadman, it's all marketing, marketing, marketing.........you're right.

You have to remember that most of the staff at ESPN is from Connecticut. Their programming biases, weather intentional or not, reflect that.

Personally I find ESPN completely unwatchable for many reasons.... Sportscenter "in game" comes to mind... 50 hours of football "analysis" every week, focusing too much on stars and not on teams, etc etc. It's to the point now where I don't even want my teams to be on ESPN because I will be bombarded with highlights of the Celtics, Cavs, Duke, etc while trying to watch my game.

ESPN

I don't even watch any of the ESPN stations anymore. Period. (Unless the Gophers are on, then I do.) I watch the Weather Channel instead. More relevant information to my life.

You have to remember that most of the staff at ESPN is from Connecticut. Their programming biases, weather intentional or not, reflect that.

Personally I find ESPN completely unwatchable for many reasons.... Sportscenter "in game" comes to mind... 50 hours of football "analysis" every week, focusing too much on stars and not on teams, etc etc. It's to the point now where I don't even want my teams to be on ESPN because I will be bombarded with highlights of the Celtics, Cavs, Duke, etc while trying to watch my game.

I agree with you. You don't need NFL Live every day of the year. Really I don't care that how well or poorly the third string weak side linebacker for the 49ers play against the scout team Week 3 of the 1983 season.

Top Bottom