Cory's Not Coming....

rick4ever

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like Cory is not coming now. These Canadian players will end up in two schools: Minnesota and Texas.

Now that Walker has landed in Minnesota with Devoe, Cory will end up in Texas with his other Canadian buddy. From what I understand based on some recent development last week, the plan was to have Walker play with Devoe. Devoe will be the PG for Minnesota.

Cory will be the PG for his buddy in Texas. This was the plan by both Cory and Devoe to get Walker to Minnesota to help out Devoe and to ensure he has company.

This new development will pave the way for Cory to end up in Texas. What's making it more difficult is that his parents want him to play with his brother. His coaches are telling him Texas would be a better option because both him and his brother get to play the PG position. If he comes to Minnesota, his brother will be moved to SG. While Devoe is good as SG, he will not project as a good prospect in the PRO due to his size. It seems Cory is trying to explain this to his parents.

So barring his parents insisting he come to Minnesota, he is bound to Texas. A little bird said this is the latest twist in the CORY sweepstake. Unless Cory changes his mind or his brother and parents influence him enough, he has made a decision and will announce by Wednesday or Thursday.

While this development may not be welcomed news to Gophers fan, coach Tubby is aware of these developments and is moving quickly to find other options. Unfortunately, there are not many options left.

Or a quote?
In all fairness, JohnnyGopher never has links or quotes, but he's accurate like 95% of the time because he has good sources close to the program.

This new poster could be totally full of it, or he may have sources VERY close to the situation. Tough to tell. But if you ask for links or quotes from people that could be insiders...good luck getting a response.

IMO: devoe WANTS to be the SG, at least thats how he plays. and id be glad to have him there.

Sounds like Cory is not coming now. These Canadian players will end up in two schools: Minnesota and Texas.

Now that Walker has landed in Minnesota with Devoe, Cory will end up in Texas with his other Canadian buddy. From what I understand based on some recent development last week, the plan was to have Walker play with Devoe. Devoe will be the PG for Minnesota.

Cory will be the PG for his buddy in Texas. This was the plan by both Cory and Devoe to get Walker to Minnesota to help out Devoe and to ensure he has company.

This new development will pave the way for Cory to end up in Texas. What's making it more difficult is that his parents want him to play with his brother. His coaches are telling him Texas would be a better option because both him and his brother get to play the PG position. If he comes to Minnesota, his brother will be moved to SG. While Devoe is good as SG, he will not project as a good prospect in the PRO due to his size. It seems Cory is trying to explain this to his parents.

So barring his parents insisting he come to Minnesota, he is bound to Texas. A little bird said this is the latest twist in the CORY sweepstake. Unless Cory changes his mind or his brother and parents influence him enough, he has made a decision and will announce by Wednesday or Thursday.

While this development may not be welcomed news to Gophers fan, coach Tubby is aware of these developments and is moving quickly to find other options. Unfortunately, there are not many options left.

I can't believe you come on here and expect someone to believe you? You have nothing to back up what you're saying. Sounds like a Texas fan to me.

Yeah but another poster claimed to have inside knowledge a couple days ago and his source said the opposite. both you guys know nothing.

ahem- texas coach - RICK barnes...

obvious texass fan is obvious

come on fellas rick4ever is a basketball god....he's like the ric bucher of the gophers....

I can't believe you come on here and expect someone to believe you? You have nothing to back up what you're saying. Sounds like a Texas fan to me.

I agree, this guy has no cred. Certainly looks like a Texas post. I would rather see Devoe play SG than PG. However, he did a great job down the stretch playing PG IMO.

This was the plan by both Cory and Devoe to get Walker to Minnesota to help out Devoe and to ensure he has company.

This is the sentence that totally killed the validity of your post. To think Devoe and Cory planned to get Walker to Minnesota "to help out Devoe and to ensure he has company" is absolutely ludicrous. Walker is not a top 50 talent that will make a huge immediate impact on the program and help Devoe a whole lot. He is likely a backup player for probably the last two years of Devoe's career. The return of Trevor and the continued development of Colt and Ralph will have a much larger impact on Devoe's and the team's success next year. Also, to think Cory and Devoe planned this is laughable.

While it is possible that Cory Joseph will not come to Minnesota, this person without citation is a complete waste.

I should also point out that this would run counter to everything we know to date. For example, Big Mo comment encouraging Cory to come to Minnesota.

What does Walker have to do with this scenario? Truly bizarre.

More and more NBA teams are liking combo guards today compared to 5-10 years ago. Devoe is a combo guard and it won't hurt his chances by playing 80/20 SG/PG if his brother comes here. Heck, there are a 1/2 dozen teams that really don't even employ a true point guard in the Association.

A good comparison for Devoe is Nolan Smith. He's not making it to the NBA as a point guard. He'll make it as a combo. They have very similar games.

Interesting, it's almost as if you have some sort of credibility....Oh wait....You don't.

What is extremely hilarious to me is the fact that had he said the exact opposite in his post and came up with things validating him coming to the Gophers, everyone would have been mildly suspicious at best. The fact remains, he will end up at Nova or Texas.

Wow.

No offense, but I think comparing Devoe to Nolan Smith is QUITE a leap.

Not really. Check out Smith's sophomore stats.

Both can play the point but weren't born to play the position.

Both have a well above-average midrange game. In fact, they're both one of the best from 15 feet.

Both shoot the 3 roughly the same percentage.

Nolan is more creative around the rim but that's with another year of experience. However, the more I think about it, the more I think it's a fair, valid comparison.

What is extremely hilarious to me is the fact that had he said the exact opposite in his post and came up with things validating him coming to the Gophers, everyone would have been mildly suspicious at best. The fact remains, he will end up at Nova or Texas.

Brilliant deduction skills.

How in the world do you determine that that is a fact? Unless you're name is Cory Joseph, you have no clue what you are talking about.

OK, if Cory is gone, who can we get. Brust or Jacob Thomas perhaps?

Goddamnit guys this is exactly what the troll wanted. give it up

rule #1 when dealing with trolls: DO NOT FEED THEM

No surprise, we were long shots for Cory and he's one and done. No big loss.

Goddamnit guys this is exactly what the troll wanted. give it up

rule #1 when dealing with trolls: DO NOT FEED THEM

Like I said on a different thread titled "I Feel Like..." This is just another example of some National Enquirer Nutcase and there are people actually reply to it. Well, I guess there are people who take the National Enquirer as gospel too.

How in the world do you determine that that is a fact? Unless you're name is Cory Joseph, you have no clue what you are talking about.

Maybe if anyone outside of Minnesota was giving us any type of shot, I would have not claimed that. The fact that all of our own media is hardly giving us a shot...well I stand by my point.

Maybe if anyone outside of Minnesota was giving us any type of shot, I would have not claimed that. The fact that all of our own media is hardly giving us a shot...well I stand by my point.

I think we all know how well the media does at reporting the correct information

Where are the moderators? Can't this tool's thread just be removed? It's his first post, and it was clearly a Texas fan trying to get some reaction.

Top Bottom