Mo Walker FB Updates About C. Jospeph

thestl

Reaction score
I know, some of you get an angry face when Facebook status updates are posted, I blame this on most of you being too old to understand Facebook. But I particularly find them interesting and a way into the thought process of people. So here, I present to you, the latest round of Maurice Walker's status updates:

"now that im signed...i dont think anything can make people in the state of minnesota and all gopher fans happier then landing Cory Joseph"

And as a comment directly after:

"lol...trust me...everyone want u there...i hope u come fam...but in the end best wishes wherever u choose...ur a leaguer so no matter where u go im sure ull be league lol"

Interesting indeed, eh mates?

I know, some of you get an angry face when Facebook status updates are posted, I blame this on most of you being too old to understand Facebook. But I particularly find them interesting and a way into the thought process of people. So here, I present to you, the latest round of Maurice Walker's status updates:

"now that im signed...i dont think anything can make people in the state of minnesota and all gopher fans happier then landing Cory Joseph"

"lol...trust me...everyone want u there...i hope u come fam...but in the end best wishes wherever u choose...ur a leaguer so no matter where u go im sure ull be league lol"

I guess I'm too old. I have a hard time dealing with the grammatical errors:)

Thanks for the update.

Mo is continuing to recruit Cory and making positive comment about the U and its fan base. Can't hurt!

His season ends this weekend...I hope we hear something soon.

That's nice, but my understanding is that they were teammates a long time ago, not close friends now.

But regardless of these sorts of public statements, I'm sure we have some pretty strong statements being made on our behalf in private, by his family.

That's nice, but my understanding is that they were teammates a long time ago, not close friends now.

But regardless of these sorts of public statements, I'm sure we have some pretty strong statements being made on our behalf in private, by his family.

Not close friends now? You don't call someone "fam" (family) unless you are close. Also his response was clearly to something Cory said. It sounds like it was responding to something like "Everyone really wants me there?"

Also c'mon, grammatical errors? If anything, it was just using text shorthand. Other than te text-message style spelling which is incredibly popular with that age group, there was nothing wrong with the sentence.

It's good to see someone like Mo recognize pro potential is based much more on what you do with the jersey on and much less than the name on the front of it.

What struck me about these quotes was what a good friend Big Mo is to Cory. Big Mo has a big heart.

I was back-dating my winky face to show that I understood the context of your original post from the get-go.

I was back-dating my winky face to show that I understood the context of your original post from the get-go.

Maybe it's just me but I really have no desire to see your "winky face". :cool:

As far as Mo goes, keep working on Cory!!

Maybe it's just me but I really have no desire to see your "winky face". :cool:

As far as Mo goes, keep working on Cory!!

Dude, it's not like I'm winking at you or anybody else. Subtle things like inflection often get lost in text, so it's a way to use normal aspects of communication that would typically be lost in the context of the written word. How old are all of you anyway?

Dude, it's not like I'm winking at you or anybody else. Subtle things like inflection often get lost in text, so it's a way to use normal aspects of communication that would typically be lost in the context of the written word. How old are all of you anyway?

Uh, pretty sure he was joking.

Could we PLEASE get this thread back on TOPIC, and stop these endless posts about FREAKING smilies?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestl View Post

I guess I'm too old. I have a hard time dealing with the grammatical errors

Thanks for the update.
Thi

I have mentioned before, and I am not the younger generation-the English language and all languages evolve, that is just life, get used to it.

Grammatical errors are a part of life, and grammatical errors, which with text'ing today are not errors but in many cases are evolving shortcut choices, and choices are accelerating because of text messaging shorthand.

If you choose to correct your friends when they text, you won't have them for very long. Hard for some, but the world really doesn't wait for spelling purists. Good luck though. Maybe you can go find Jeremiah Johnson out in the woods sometime....

Top Bottom