Eric Musselman on working with Hollins at Eliason at AS game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

Eric Musselman, the former Timberwolves assistant/NBA head coach, put two Gophers men's basketball signees — center Elliott Eliason of Chadron High (Neb.) and guard Austin Hollins of Germantown High (Tenn.) — through two-hour workouts before an all-star game in Memphis, Tenn., the other day.

Eliason has "good length (6 feet 11), is a decent midrange shooter. His strengths are rebounding and defending in the paint. He needs to get stronger. He had seven points, six rebounds and one block in 13 minutes," Musselman said.

Of Hollins: "He played with a high basketball IQ; moves well without the ball; was one of the most effective and efficient players here; had 12 points in the game."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_14886109

Go Gophers!!

Great info from Shooter. I saw some similar comments from a Memphis writer in regards to Hollins in a tweet responding to a well known GopherHole member.

per Shooter:

Eric Musselman, the former Timberwolves assistant/NBA head coach, put two Gophers men's basketball signees — center Elliott Eliason of Chadron High (Neb.) and guard Austin Hollins of Germantown High (Tenn.) — through two-hour workouts before an all-star game in Memphis, Tenn., the other day.

Eliason has "good length (6 feet 11), is a decent midrange shooter. His strengths are rebounding and defending in the paint. He needs to get stronger. He had seven points, six rebounds and one block in 13 minutes," Musselman said.

Of Hollins: "He played with a high basketball IQ; moves well without the ball; was one of the most effective and efficient players here; had 12 points in the game."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_14886109

I would be surprised if EE contributes before his redshirt sophomore year (3 years out). He definitely didn't seem Big Ten-ready last spring. Hollins could help sooner, could be a very effective role player in time, a guy who can do a lot of things when asked to step up. I'm kinda surprised Tubby got him as he usually gives recruiting short-shrift to the "High BB IQ"-types and leans heavily toward the pure athletes and large bodies.

Top Bottom