Mo Walker Signs with Gophers

Great news! Can't wait until Midnight Madness to see him in person.

Good stuff.

Mo Walker....meet your new friend.
treadmill.jpg

Nice to see everything is now official with Walker. While we certainly haven't lacked for height the past few years, we've had times when we've been pushed around a bit on the boards. Pretty safe to say that Mo won't get pushed around a whole lot. If he can translate some of that weight into added muscle, he'll be pretty tough in the paint I would think. Now, if we can somehow get Trevor, Cory and an additional athletic forward into the mix, we'd be in pretty good shape for next year.

Centers

With the signing of Walker and Eliason along with current centers, isint there a log jam for playing time? Does Walker start day 1?

Eliason gets RS and Walker's role is largely dependant on the Mbakwe situation.

Outstanding news now that it is official. I love widebodies in the lane - and we have quite the stable of big men now. Just need to get the guard play to go with them, and great things can start to happen to the Gophs!

It is a good day... make that a great day!!! Sunny, warm weather and finally a signed LOI

I wonder what the weather is like this weekend?

With the signing of Walker and Eliason along with current centers, isint there a log jam for playing time? Does Walker start day 1?

I think it gives Tubby more freedom to have two bigs, RSIII and Colt primarily for starts, on the floor simultaneously in a high-low, with Mo spelling one or the other. I expect EE to redshirt to bulk up and get some practice against players bigger than him.

I do not see any shortage of PT even with the return of Mbakwe. Tubby isn't likely to play any of our bigs for 30 or 35 plus minutes a game!

Just IMHO.

Ps: Welcome to Minnesota Mo. I can't wait to see you in the Barn.

:clap::clap::clap:

Some comments from Walker, per Marcus:

"I liked the coaching staff; Tubby Smith is a great coach," Walker said. "When he came to my house for a visit and when I went down for a visit, he didn't try to glamorize things. They just showed me the school for what it was. They just kept it real with me. I like that it's an up-and-coming program. I like the (Big Ten Conference). I feel like I can contribute to some of their success."

"I asked him (last week) that, if I decide to sign there, is it a possibility that you're going to come with me?" Walker said. "He said, 'Yeah, it's a possibility.' But he's still looking at other schools. I hope he chooses Minnesota. It would be great if we played with each other. That's how I started playing basketball. I started with him."

"He has the potential to go to the NBA," Walker said about Sampson. "So if I'm going up against him, someone with that potential, that's only going to make me better in the future."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_14882003

Go Gophers!!

Great Great News. I can't wait to see him in person.

When will we see him though?

Per this Myron tweet-

Student visa issue might prevent Maurice Walker from enrolling in summer school. Walker says it won't be an issue.

Like I said before, Tubby goes after the kids with high basketball IQ. This is a great day. Lets hope that Cory and Royce will do the same thing during the next few days.

Folks, it is going to be so much fun to watch Tubby's teams. You haven't seen anything yet. Yesterday, I was on the UK board. Somebody had a new Thread going as "the most exciting game ever" (I am not sure what the exact title was). For what I saw, almost 99% of the prosters picked the games that were played during Tubby's era. We will have so much fun for the years to come.

Go Gophers

Man I am pumped about this! Loving Mo's upside...loving that I've seen major improvments in Ralph and Colton's ability as well, the coach staff seems to know what there doing in molding the big men.

Welcome to the Maroon and Gold Mo! Congrats on making one of the best decisions of your life!

Landing Mo Walker is big, no pun intended. I get this vision though of a Mo Walker vs Jared Sullinger match-up when the gophers face Ohio St.

I'm liking the signing. This is the type of player you want to have against the Michigan St's of the world. Hopefully he plays similar to the way he looks...meaning I hope he is more of a Colton Iverson type than a RSIII type.

Landing Mo Walker is big, no pun intended. I get this vision though of a Mo Walker vs Jared Sullinger match-up when the gophers face Ohio St.

Any visions I have involving Jared Sullinger end with him absolutely killing us. I do not look forward to watching our team get crushed by him next year.

Any visions I have involving Jared Sullinger end with him absolutely killing us. I do not look forward to watching our team get crushed by him next year.

Haha i do fear that, but at least the Gophers now have that BIG body guy that may have the ability to match-up with him on the low block.

Haha i do fear that, but at least the Gophers now have that BIG body guy that may have the ability to match-up with him on the low block.

That's the best we can hope for. Beat him up a little bit....dude is a beast

Top Bottom